• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

George is almost done

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard he was favourite for the Portsmouth job!

Comment

>Apparently George Best has an organ donor card.

And the only one still in a usable condition looks like going to a Welsh rugby fan...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Statement

His family are about to make a statement so I think its probably over.

Tough old ba£stard
        There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

According to Sky News, he's just died a few minutes ago.
          Discuss PDA/Smartphones
          Yeovil Town FC - the real green & whites

Comment

If he had been Joe Normal he wouldn't have got the new liver to knacker up in the first place. He has deprived somebody of a perfectly good liver.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
              If he had been Joe Normal he wouldn't have got the new liver to knacker up in the first place. He has deprived somebody of a perfectly good liver.
              I dont believe that. The agency responsible for transplants wouldnt do that.
              George was the best candidate for the organ supplied.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

You sanctimonious twat

He was given a liver because his doctor decided that he had a chance of living, in just the same way that anyone else would be given the chance.
                As I pointed out in another thread, everyone is going to die anyway so why bother transplanting organs, it's just a waste.
                Why not?

Comment

"I dont believe that. The agency responsible for transplants wouldnt do that.
                  George was the best candidate for the organ supplied."

How can a known alcoholic be the best candidate for a new liver? There are people out there who need transplants due to liver disease while Best went out of his way to destroy his own. The fact that he is well known and high profile will have helped push him up the queue.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

How can a known alcoholic be the best candidate for a new liver? There are people out there who need transplants due to liver disease while Best went out of his way to destroy his own. The fact that he is well known and high profile will have helped push him up the queue.
                    I am sure (though it is my supposition) that the transplants list takes no notice of celebrity and I am sure that it does take notice of personal circumstances when deciding where an organ goes. The choice may have been Best or bin (some would say bin would have been best) rather than Best or second best.
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by dazza12
                      According to Sky News, he's just died a few minutes ago.

He disappeared in the dead of winter:
                      The brooks were frozen, the airports almost deserted

And snow disfigured the public statues;
                      The mercury sank in the mouth of the dying day.

What instruments we have agree
                      The day of his death was a dark cold day.

Far from his illness
                      The wolves ran on through the evergreen forests,
                      The peasant river was untempted by the fashionable quays;

By mourning tongues
                      The death of the poet was kept from his poems.

But for him it was his last afternoon as himself,
                      An afternoon of nurses and rumours;

The provinces of his body revolted,
                      The squares of his mind were empty,

Silence invaded the suburbs,
                      The current of his feeling failed; he became his admirers.

Now he is scattered among a hundred cities
                      And wholly given over to unfamiliar affections,
                      To find his happiness in another kind of wood

And be punished under a foreign code of conscience.
                      The words of a dead man
                      Are modified in the guts of the living.

But in the importance and noise of to-morrow
                      When the brokers are roaring like beasts on the floor of the Bourse,

And the poor have the sufferings to which they are fairly accustomed,
                      And each in the cell of himself is almost convinced of his freedom,

A few thousand will think of this day
                      As one thinks of a day when one did something slightly unusual.

What instruments we have agree
                      The day of his death was a dark cold day.

Comment

Working...
                      X