• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I want to buy a C5...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An electric bike you lie down on totally could be really efficient, and it would seem like you are going really fast too.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      It combines a lot of disadvantages of a car with the disadvantages of an electric bike though. One thing that a recumbent posture has going for it is the potential for far better aerodynamics than a bike, which for the latter is awful (worse than a car).
      Oh God! Stop being so bloody practical.

Just imagine humming along in your C5 chariot, heading South over Westminster Bridge, in the dying embers of a July sunset, with the breeze in what remains of your hair.

It's not about aerodynamics - it's about soul.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Clive looked cool in one.
        I don't think he ever looked cool
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          I drove a C5 whilst on holiday many years ago. Hired it by the hour. It was great fun but was broken ever other day.

An alternative idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xitMWUfeLk

Go Kart drifting .... nice idea.

I have other plans to build something else, but the C5 is more about the restoration than the ride. I reckon it wouldn't be that hard to do.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
            It's not about aerodynamics - it's about soul.
            That'll be about right.

Comment

There's quite an active community making parts for C5s and keeping them running.

There's one in the Coventry Transport Museum (along with a Chopper). It has not aged well.

It is in the ironic 'future' section which has a variety of electric cars spanning about 40 years, all of which were intended to be the future.

It is difficult to see those electric cars (one I remember seeing on Tomorrow's World back in the days when I still wore 28" waist jeans) and not suspect the oil industry is holding back progress whilst it poisons the planet.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                It is in the ironic 'future' section which has a variety of electric cars spanning about 40 years, all of which were intended to be the future.
                If Sir Clive had played his cards right, we'd all have flying cars by now!

Damn the BBC and Acorn

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

There's quite an active community making parts for C5s and keeping them running.

There's one in the Coventry Transport Museum (along with a Chopper). It has not aged well.

It is difficult to see those electric cars (one I remember seeing on Tomorrow's World back in the days when I still wore 28" waist jeans) and not suspect the oil industry is holding back progress whilst it poisons the planet.
                  Been meaning to go to the transport museum for donkeys, just never got there. Am I right in thinking it is even free entry?

28" - really?

Comment

Coventry Transport Museum

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
                    Been meaning to go to the transport museum for donkeys, just never got there. Am I right in thinking it is even free entry?
                    It is free. Sadly, the upstairs has just been closed for refurbishment, as has the Blitz section.

However, the THRUST 2 and THRUST FFS simulator (it's not FFS but it should have been) are there. They are impresssive.

I went round at the weekend with a female friend and was in there for about 2½ hours. (I got a slap for pointing at the white TR7 with a black PVC roof and saying "Wow, what a fanny magnet that was".)

When we came out there was a 2CV rally going on outside!

They have a Doctor Who exhibition on; entry is £8. I don't know if it is any good.

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
                    28" - really?
                    6' tall and 28" waist, yep. Then on my 28th birthday all my jeans and trousers and suits didn't fit: I had gone to 32" overnight. Weird.

I stayed there until I gave up the evil weed, my weight and health have never recovered from stopping smoking.
                    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

It is free. Sadly, the upstairs has just been closed for refurbishment, as has the Blitz section.
                      (
                      Thanks for the info Mr Cranium, may take the little one one of the weekends now that the weather is starting to get a bit autumnal.

Only kidding about the waist size - the beer doesn't help either.

Comment

Working...
                      X