• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Top 3 UK Businessmen/women

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post

I won't post My Lunch threads for a month now...

Keep up that kind of attitude and we'll all vote for you.

Congrats on the good press btw Mr Squirrel. Keep it up.
    I still say you need to invest in some proper marketing/design.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
      James Martin
      The chef?

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
        Congrats on the good press btw Mr Squirrel. Keep it up.
        I still say you need to invest in some proper marketing/design.
        Oh we are, just getting first things done first, some really Big SKA news pending ...

Comment

I would have had James Dyson down were he not a greedy sh1t-house that made 800 people redundant when he offshored production.
          Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
            I would have had James Dyson down were he not a greedy tulip-house that made 800 people redundant when he offshored production.
            I read his autobiography and came away with the distinct impression that he was a nasty bit of tulip. Although it's possible I suspected it before reading his book.

Comment

The chef?
              No, not the chef! The real James Martin

Comment

Inspired by the survey (sticky: national freelancers day), I'm interested in the panel's view on their favourite UK businessmen/women, and why.

I found this one quite hard to answer. One choice was Richard Branson - purely because he's a plucky, winsome chap. The other would be James Dyson, for the grassroots beginnings and engineer's determination, but the third crown is either for the head of the Co-op, or the John Lewis Partnership, for their ethical leadership in UK industry.

Thoughts?
                Pass

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                  I would have had James Dyson down were he not a greedy tulip-house that made 800 people redundant when he offshored production.
                  Do you think that manufacturing is a viable option in UK with all the employment taxes, currency risk etc? He wasn't the first to close his factory - if he was greedy he'd jump on it long time ago.

I don't know all the details to be certain, but it seems to me it is a bit premature to blame his greed for that decision.

Comment

The chef?
                    Isn't he the one who shot that pikey kid?
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Aha. Interesting chap. Thanks for the link.

Comment

Working...
                      X