• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Traders go short on Lloyds

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Yes, and before the bubble the economies of China and India (And the rest of the world) weren't gobbling quite a much of it up. Supply and demand and all that, not too mention a few major conflicts in the iol producing regions which affected output, and gave people the jitters and the weak dollar doesn't help.

FFS. Are we really this ignorant?
    I think you are the ignorant one mate and have swallowed the line.

Actually read something for a change.

http://www.moneyweek.com/news-and-ch...ery-94407.aspx

Now I can't claim to have any idea where Opec gets this optimal 'balanced price' of $75-$80 a barrel from. I suspect that it simply comes down to what they think they can get away with. Bear in mind that at any point in history other than the past two years, an oil price at that sort of level would have been deemed an utter catastrophe for the global economy. After Hurricane Katrina, for example, the highest the oil price rose was to just over $70 a barrel.

So it's quite impressive that oil producers have managed to 'sell' the idea of $70 plus for a barrel of oil as an aspirational target price, rather than a horrendously expensive level for the world's key raw material.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      I think you are the ignorant one mate and have swallowed the line.

Actually read something for a change.

http://www.moneyweek.com/news-and-ch...ery-94407.aspx
      I have read it, it's his opinion. He clearly states this as well. Might not like it, I might agree with it - but you question why it's gone up, I gave you some answers - prove me wrong ... or you just google everything, and actually incapable of independent thought for yourself?

BTW Not your mate, so don't use the term pls.
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

BTW Not your mate, so don't use the term pls.
        That's a bit harsh. It's only Dim.

Didn't get any last night eh?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

That's what they say now when price is edging up back to $100. Previously in 90s they considered $25-30 being good price.

Short selling was not the only or main reason for current crisis - uncontrolled market speculators is.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            That's what they say now when price is edging up back to $100. Previously in 90s they considered $25-30 being good price.

Short selling was not the only or main reason for current crisis - uncontrolled market speculators is.
            If you got laid you'd stop worrying about stuff that doesn't concern you.

HTH
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Yes, we should get rid of the market, that'd teach those nasty speculators.
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                If you got laid you'd stop worrying about stuff that doesn't concern you.

HTH
                Yes, and get a shed.

Comment

I refer you to my previous answer. Did the economies of Asia, or India gobble as much of the stuff in the 90's. Did the economies of the west either, for that matter?

There's other reasons, primarily weak dollar isn't helping, and there's been plenty of global instability in oil producing regions, or interruptions to oil production.

these thigns all affect oil prices. OPEC may be taking the piss, but they're not increasing the demand by their actions ...

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Yes, and before the bubble the economies of China and India (And the rest of the world) weren't gobbling quite a much of it up. Supply and demand and all that, not too mention a few major conflicts in the iol producing regions which affected output, and gave people the jitters and the weak dollar doesn't help.

FFS. Are we really this ignorant?
                    Search for a video on youtube "the price of oil" . There is a mention in it that price of oil went up by $20 in one day last year while supply was actually greater than the demand. India and china do not buy so much oil to influence so much price rise in one day. Billions were flowing in oil futures contracts and JP morgan was predicting a pirce of $200.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      That's a bit harsh. It's only Dim.

Didn't get any last night eh?
                      I'm married with 2 kids. Unless it's our wedding anniversary, my birthday or an act of God then it's safe to say I'm not getting any most nights

Comment

Working...
                      X