• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

James May and Airfix kits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    The Airfix Dildo is the easiest to put together but you must wait for the glue to dry before using.
    So that made me do a Google search (there are THOUSANDS of web pages with both 'Airfix' and 'dildo' )

Anyway, I came across the following gem. It is an 'inappropriate item stuck in an inappropriate place' story. It's text and it's NSFW. Stinky linky.
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
      So that made me do a Google search (there are THOUSANDS of web pages with both 'Airfix' and 'dildo' )

Anyway, I came across the following gem. It is an 'inappropriate item stuck in an inappropriate place' story. It's text and it's NSFW. Stinky linky.
      nice. From Tiger tanks for girls to raging-felching-gaylord in half a dozen posts.

makes me proud to be a contractor

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        nice. From Tiger tanks for girls to raging-felching-gaylord in half a dozen posts.

makes me proud to be a contractor

You had to read it though, didn't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          You had to read it though, didn't you?
          well,
          it might have been someone I know

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

It was a very good show. Very nostalgic, <old man rant>I want them to bring back proper Meccano so that my newborn son can have the same frustration, elation and fascination that I had with it when he gets older. It's been replaced with French plastic crap now because of 'elf & safety'.</old man rant>
            You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

My son (10) has just started getting into Airfix models. He's had a few small kits, Spitfires, P51 Mustangs etc which he happily did on his own.

They have a skill rating on the box 1 -5. So I'd suggest go and buy a few cheap kits, skill level 1 and 2, and let her loose on them

They'll probably end up as big blobs of glue, stickers and paint but she'll get better and better practicing on these smaller ones. Then she can work up to the more detailed models once she's had a bit of practice.

Rhubarb

Comment

Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
                It was a very good show. Very nostalgic, <old man rant>I want them to bring back proper Meccano so that my newborn son can have the same frustration, elation and fascination that I had with it when he gets older. It's been replaced with French plastic crap now because of 'elf & safety'.</old man rant>
                My immense frustration with Meccano was that to build some of the cool stuff, you had to bend the long strips, and they never bent back properly.

And I always coveted Meccano 10, with all those motors...my dad bought me two Meccano 4s and a Meccano 2 and tried to convince me it was a Meccano 10.

Comment

Originally posted by tenpin View Post
                  My immense frustration with Meccano was that to build some of the cool stuff, you had to bend the long strips, and they never bent back properly.

And I always coveted Meccano 10, with all those motors...my dad bought me two Meccano 4s and a Meccano 2 and tried to convince me it was a Meccano 10.
                  Blinkin' heck! 2000 notes for a proper Meccano 10!

http://meccanoman.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=87_88

Comment

Ditto. As a kid I really looked after my toys and wasn't keen on that. I didn't like cutting the length of nice green string provided either, 'cos I managed to anticipate the danger of ending up without the right length for later models.

Same here. One of my mum's friends had a son who had one, and "Oh isn't he so inventive clever dealing with all those gears, and electricity too?"... Grr give me the chance to try please...

By the time I could afford one, other things had taken priority.

Airfix models were great entertainment. Mostly planes to start with, the odd car, I graduated onto sailing ships. Balsa wood gliders were pretty good too, if somewhat fragile.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Blinkin' heck! 2000 notes for a proper Meccano 10!

http://meccanoman.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=87_88
                      Didn't the Meccano 10 come with a wooden case with drawers to hold it all? I had a cousin that had that.
                      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Working...
                      X