• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Real estate poll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Where is the "I own a property and paid cash for it in the first place"
    or the "I own a property through inheritance" options?
    This is covered by option "I own the house (morgage paid off)", in the first case for you it will be with mortgage equal to 0, and in the second case property cost will also be 0. The main point there was real ownership, not being up to ones eye(balls) in debt.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      where's the "my house in the uk is empty 'cause I dont want pikey tennants renting it and messing it up and I currently live in a rented serviced apartment during the week and with the girlfriend at weekends" option???
      WHS. During my first couple of stints abroad I met a couple of folks who had rented their homes out and had them trashed / good furniture replaced with tat. I didn't want to go down that route, plus I had somewhere to live when I returned home.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
        where's the "my house in the uk is empty 'cause I dont want pikey tennants renting it and messing it up and I currently live in a rented serviced apartment during the week and with the girlfriend at weekends" option???
        This is covered by the "I rent" option. Alternatively it might be more suitable option to say that you moved in with AndyW.

Comment

Working...
        X