• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

George Best

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fecking hope he pops it by the time i get home,
    might see some old footage!

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
      I admired his footballing genius, he seemed modest, objective in his assessment of the game and therefore likeable (but really I could only judge him on his football).

I bet you are the type who admires Gary Lineker?
      Actually, strange as it may seems I can't stand football these days. The game itself is ok but everything that surrounds it i.e. the fanaticism, the hooliganism etc. negates any enjoyment I may get from watching a game. Would rather watch rugger any day of the week

Comment

Bejusus...

"I admired him for his talent on the football pitch"

Oh for fecks seck, he didnt cure cancer, he didnt work to ease the suffering of those who caught Leprosy or Ebola - he kicked a ball in the back of a net with a bloke standing in front of it, yet he has received more attention then many thousands of people who have shown real sacrifice, dedication, and talent. Its just that nobody could make money out of them, as they can by selling papers etc with stories about another over hyped non-celeb like Best.

I honestly wish he wouldnt die, and that he would beat his addiction to alcohol. But I also sincerely wish the hero worship would stop for someone who is clearly not worthy of such attention. Its like slavering over '1966'.

Mother Theresa... a lifetime of self-sacrifice to help others. Her demise was completely overshadowed by the death of someone more 'media friendly'.

Diana Incorporated was praised as if she travelled the world disarming mines herself. Nobody mentioned the many people who lost limbs or their lives actually performing the work.

Maybe Best was ahead of his time - the definitive empty shell that is hero worshipped by the stupid. Tabloids exist due to this.
        Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Mmmm.... 1966

Comment

Originally posted by NoddY
            I agree, I would have put the liver to much better use:

At least you wouldn't have to marionate it in beer.....

Comment

Mardi gras? possibly

or foie gras?
              Why not?

Comment

Working...
              X