• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should England join the European Time Zone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    No Andyw option
    True but it's not the worst other option we have ever had
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Why would we want to be on Berlin time?

Who won for flip's sake?

Must be wonderful to be on Berlin time in Portugal though.

I think you'll find Portugal is on UK time

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

Btw, it's called GMT for a reason! The rest of the world takes its time from us, the Great British!
        Personally I work either CET but as I work in computers I use UTC:

UTC replaced GMT as the basis for the main reference time scale or civil time in various regions on January 1, 1972
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Btw, it's called GMT for a reason! The rest of the world takes its time from us, the Great British!
          WHS. It would seem rather ridiculous to not have Greenwich meantime in Greenwhich.

If we want more light, and want to be more in sync with the European working day, why are we tampering with time? Why not just all get up an hour earlier?
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Whs.

Rules is rules, and we all know where we'd be without rules, France!!!
            France was on GMT until they let the Germans govern them in WWII
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
            X