• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear - "middle class" are going to suffer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    It defines middle class as a household where the total income equates to £15,000 a year for each adult and £5,000 per child.
    Are we supposed to be sending our children out to work now? £5,000 is going to be hard for them: £96 per week on a paper round is a big delivery route.
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
      I agree with this. I get £20 a week from HMRC for my little one but I don't really need it.

However I would say that all benefits should be scrapped. IMO the state should only provide:

* defence (couple of nukes pointed at France should do)
      * police
      * basic education with limited number of funded university places
      * basic bare essential health care
      * soup kitchens in time of recession

Income tax set to around 12p/£ flat, first £10K free. Scrap NI and everything else.
      Congratulations, you're well on your way to being a Libertarian

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
        I look up to 'Corbett'
        I now have a mental image I didn't want.
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

How about these mad Germans?
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by BBC
            It defines middle class as a household where the total income equates to £15,000 a year for each adult and £5,000 per child.
            so you need to earn exactly that figure to be middle class - any more and you are poor and any more and you are rich ?

Comment

The 15K figure says a lot more about what the govt. thinks of its citizens.

i.e., be a good boy/girl, earn your 15K, pay us loads of tax and dont get above your station. A decent standard of living should be reserved strictly for MPs.
              'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
              Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Copying the Swiss

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                I agree with this. I get £20 a week from HMRC for my little one but I don't really need it.

However I would say that all benefits should be scrapped. IMO the state should only provide:

* defence (couple of nukes pointed at France should do)
                * police
                * basic education with limited number of funded university places
                * basic bare essential health care
                * soup kitchens in time of recession

Income tax set to around 12p/£ flat, first £10K free. Scrap NI and everything else.
                Sounds like the tax system in Switzerland

Comment

Germans vs Brits

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  The Germans all see themselves as Germans

The Brits all see themselves as Working class,Middle class or Upper class
                  Southerners or Northerners
                  The Upper classes earns all the money and the other classes can go to hell
                  The Southerners think that the lazy Northerners should go down South to look for work as there is no way that the Upper classes are going create jobs up there.

Comment

Working...
                  X