• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apple mac snob type people.........

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    You hate inanimate objects? How queer.
    Where's Me Washboard?
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      I fail to see how a bunch of assembled components, most of which are mass produced by other companies and stuffed into a shiney box make Mac's a "design icon".
      There is nothing revolutionary about their design
      It isn't their design. They used to have their own design, but then a few years ago they ditched it in and copied everybody else's established PC design. Only thing that set them apart was using a white box whilst everybody else was making their PCs grey.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I really do want an Apple toy
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Better throw in my 2p worth.

I don't even recall how much I paid for my machine, yes that's right, I've got too much money.

I use both XP and Mac OS, I need too. Come the end of the day I'm more productive and less stressed using OS X than XP. Whether there was a pear, peach or an apple stuck on the back of the screen I don't care.

I use my Mac because it's the best decision for my business needs.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

As soon as I hear someone start to prattle on about PC's versus Macs, I just switch off.

It's a tool that helps me do my job, browse the web and manage photo's.

That's it.

Even the iPhone, which I love, I don't feel the need to spout on about it to people.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
              As soon as I hear someone start to prattle on about PC's versus Macs, I just switch off.

It's a tool that helps me do my job, browse the web and manage photo's.

That's it.

Even the iPhone, which I love, I don't feel the need to spout on about it to people.
              Surely you can't fail to be impressed by the compass? and the 'app' that turns it into a pint of lager (how we laughed!)

Comment

Originally posted by singhr View Post
                Surely you can't fail to be impressed by the compass? and the 'app' that turns it into a pint of lager (how we laughed!)
                Whilst not iphone specific, I am impressed by this sort of thing: http://layar.com/

Now that is pretty clever....
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Apple has Fans
                  Windows has people that sit around wishing their PC would just work...

That's better...typed on a Mac...ahhhhhhh
                  "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
                    That's better...typed on a Mac...ahhhhhhh
                    My PC (well laptop) running Windows XP does work, works very well and has been doing so for over 2 years and should continue to do so.
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

My PC (well laptop) running Windows XP does work, works very well and has been doing so for over 2 years and should continue to do so.
                      Indeed, same here, but (and maybe these are just me)

- I spent yesterday defragging, registry cleaning and clearing out old files and emails because the PC is much slower now than it used to be.
                      - Ever tried having several iPods, TomTom, Road Angel, printer, external hard-drive, blue-tooth dongle, etc etc all hooked up to the same USB port (not at the same time, I mean interchangeably). Drivers seem to latch onto a particular port, and when one get screwed, you can never use that port again with the device in question.
                      - Printer connected to one USB port, works fine. Unplug and connect to another USB port, suddenly windows can't print. Maybe this is by design, but I'd hope that all the ports would be interchangeable.
                      - Ever had something mysteriously go wrong, only to have to track down a weird registry fix?
                      - Explorer seems to occasionally choose to not remember the view settings for certain folders. So you change it back, and explorer then displays other folders in the "new" format (view pictures, thumbnails, detail, etc).
                      - Every update (and there are many) seems to need a reboot.
                      - etc

I find my PC needs constant management and attention. It doesn't "just work". But I can't switch to MAC as I have to many "windows only" packages installed.

Oh well.

Comment

Working...
                      X