• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LATEST: Deadly al-Qaeda strike using bio agents or diseases 'inevitable',

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chico
    Dodgy, I am sure we have had this discussion before. Whether you break one commandment or you break them in all, in the eyes of God you are sinner and as such you will have to pay the penalty. God is a just and holy God and as such there is a consequence for our sin. End of story - not quite, if it was then we all get what was coming to us (who in the honesty of their hearts has not done something that they are ashamed about) and that would be tragic but deserved. The Bible tells us that " all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God". Anyone who thinks they are good is a liar. We inherited that sinful nature at The Fall. Its in our genes, its in our nature - no one teaches a child how to lie, disobey his or hers parents etc.
    Now to the Good News, Jesus died in our place (paid the price) and reconciles us back to God however receive to that pardon we need to respond to it and accept it by believing in Jesus and giving up our life of sin. Its that simple really but sadly people being people who rather to cling to death and destruction of their sinful lives rather than be told what to do by God or anyone else for that matter.
    If you consider the 10 commandments to be the rules by which all good Christians should live their lives I suggest you check out the one that reads -
    Thou Shalt not Kill. You are advocating the death of others - not just terrorists but innocents - there has never been a war without the death of innocents. And do not seek to hide behind religious indignation - your glorious war in Iraq may well have killed a number of terrorists but it has resulted in the death of far more children. Either live in Christ's footsteps and think about what he would really think about advocating death or get off your soap box and stop preaching

Comment

Dodgy, I am sure we have had this discussion before. Whether you break one commandment or you break them in all, in the eyes of God you are sinner and as such you will have to pay .
      What is the penalty? You are saying that these muslims should be killed when one of the ten commandments states quite categorically that "thou shalt not kill". So what is going on here?
      If god had meant to say "thou shalt not kill unless it is a muslim then surely he would have said so in the first place"

You are damned right that there is no ambiguity about the word of god. It is people like you who add the conditions. If it is wrong kill (and you think it is okay) then it is also wrong to commit adultery (which you do not think is OK).

Where is the consistency?
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Dodgy, you're trying to be logical with someone who doesn't understand the concept. Now answer my question on the other "Arab" thread
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Dodgy, surely you know that God sometimes changes his mind. Just look at the differences between the old and new testaments, not forgetting how he came back again and dictated the Koran on his third attempt...

It's not as if he can see everything thats going to happen in the world!

Comment

Will your feeble little minds ever get this? If terrorists obeyed the Sixth Commandment "Thou shall not kill" then there would not be a problem will there? It because they don't and are seeking to kill you and countless others that’s why thy need to be stopped. The commandment is as passive as it is active. The person who walks on the other side while someone is killing someone is as guilty of breaking the commadment as the killer himself. Ahhhhhhhhh remove the scales from your eyes!!! And sasguru when I tips on logic the last person I would come to would be a self stled atheist. Please!!
            Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Will your feeble little minds ever get this? If terrorists obeyed the Sixth Commandment "Thou shall not kill" then there would not be a problem will there? It because they don't and are seeking to kill you and countless others that’s why thy need to be stopped. The commandment is as passive as it is active. The person who walks on the other side while someone is killing someone is as guilty of breaking the commadment as the killer himself. Ahhhhhhhhh remove the scales from your eyes!!! And sasguru when I tips on logic the last person I would come to would be a self stled atheist. Please!!
              But according to the Jihadists (or terrorists if you prefer) God modified Thou shalt not kill to Thou shalt not kill Muslims, anybody else is fair game as they are infidels or blasphemers.

BTW Chicken love, how would you deal with those terrorists then?
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Listen you numbskull. What did the terrorists have to do with Iraq? Tens of thousands of innocent civilians have lost their lives there. There was no terrorist problem before but there bloody well is now. How can you continue to support mindless killing? You are a hyprocrite.

Comment

Chico, a man needs to understand his limitations.

PS I know you never answer simple questions but I'll try anyway.
                  What has the Iraq war achieved?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

CHICO - JUSTIFY THE DEATHS OF INNOCENT CHILDREN PLEASE

Everyone else - sorry about the shouting but FFS this bloke is irritating

Comment

AH! The story of the Good Samaritan?
                      But surely if they Kill us "Blow us up" we shall forgive them?

Comment

Working...
                      X