• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The government is to scrap the 'appalling' ICT GCSE

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Agreed. It's interesting that they start off by teaching the meaning of data, data protection law, accuracy, etc. I wonder if that bores some students into submission?

Can't see much on understanding how the hardware works, but I didn't click all the links.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      Can't see much on understanding how the hardware works, but I didn't click all the links.
      I'm not sure that's relevant at A-level. I got taught that sort of thing in my degree (electronic eng).
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        I'm not sure that's relevant at A-level. I got taught that sort of thing in my degree (electronic eng).
        You might be right. I did that at OND level, which was useful knowledge for 3GL developers in those days, and vital for assemblers. Probably not any more though.

Comment

Working...
        X