• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HR Departments

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by singhr View Post
    you don't want to be on the PSL here DA, they'll force you onto a very low margin. What is the break even point for an agent in terms of margin would you say. Mine is on 10% and bleats about it.
    2% is about break even on running a contract. 10%! and I'll bite your arm off!
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Good to hear from you Dodgy. Hope you are making ends meet without showing too many of your staff the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
        Good to hear from you Dodgy. Hope you are making ends meet without showing too many of your staff the bench.
        OH I havent fired anyone yet, though contractor margins and numbers are down,

any leads gratefully accepted (or as most agents would say- give me your references in order that I can check you out before I put you up for some of the many high paying top jobs that I have exclusive rights to. Also let me know who you have had interviews with already just so as I know where NOT to market you )
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

But whats in it for HR for using you in addition to their existing suppliers? From their point of view you are just another avenue to the same big pool of resources on jobserve. I know the difference may be some margin or some good relationships, but if they have suppleirs they already trust, why would they take a risk on using you? What's your unique selling point?

Comment

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
            But whats in it for HR for using you in addition to their existing suppliers? From their point of view you are just another avenue to the same big pool of resources on jobserve. I know the difference may be some margin or some good relationships, but if they have suppleirs they already trust, why would they take a risk on using you? What's your unique selling point?
            Fair point. I have on three occasions won the approval of "the business" because I have candidates that no one else has, and they have been looking for these skills for a long time. The "business" have asked me to contact HR and set up the right channels. On each occasion I have eventually had to turn back to the business in order that they kick the arses of the HR people. In each instance when (eventually) they have deigned to contact me they have barely been able to contain their irritation.

If a business is finding its people through its existing means/suppliers then there is no reason on this planet why DA enterprises needs to be called in.

Comment

Working...
            X