• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractors, Liars and Fake CV's

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by George Parr View Post
    Now that full names have been quoted, potentially defamatory?
    How is it defamatory?

Craig was Menelaus.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      Ferret, do you have proof that this person is who she says she is?
      Do we have proof that anyone on here is who we think they are? I did what due diligence I thought was required - i.e. asked the admin to check the user's details before letting the post through. Was told there was nothing suspicious about the user and to let it through.
      my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Originally posted by ferret View Post
        Do we have proof that anyone on here is who we think they are? I did what due diligence I thought was required - i.e. asked the admin to check the user's details before letting the post through. Was told there was nothing suspicious about the user and to let it through.
        I'll take that as a "No" then. Just wondering why you've automatically jumped to someones defence.

Comment

Why would his ex-wife(of 2 days) post on this forum?

How did she know that Menelaus was Craig Colclough/Alexander?
          A quick google on his name
          http://www.expats.cz/prague/showthread.php?t=167816

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/lifestyl...8057-20224451/

A BOGUS doctor has been arrested for bigamy after his new wife discovered another wedding ring in his pocket.

Craig Colclough, 37, who also posed as a decorated Army major, is suspected of marrying academic Georgina Miles while still hitched to a Czech woman.

He was already divorced fromanother wife who also fears their marriage was illegal because of his foreign bride.

Georgina, 28, has told pals the Scots fantasist duped women around the world claiming to be a top soldier or fighter pilot.

He also told her that he was a doctor when he is really an accountant.

She dumped him two days after returning from their honeymoon in the Highlands.
          I think his ex-wife(of 2 days) wants some validation that the world (of contractors) isn't full of lying bigamist scum
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by George Parr View Post
            Now that full names have been quoted, potentially defamatory?
            He contacted my employers on several occasions, my supervisors at university, he posted on websites stating I wanted him dead, wrote blogs about me, tried to sue me, threatened to make false allegations about me to the police, written press-releases mentioning my professional name and his association with me, and I have stayed quiet for 2 years.

To the question above about lying on your CV being a criminal offence - it's fraud by obtaining pecuniary advantage by false representation. I don't have a reference but the policeman involved in his case told me.

Comment

So Helen, you are the climatologist who worked for the Met Office and was a prospective TA officer then?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

I agree with George on this one. If identifiable references to the individual are removed from this thread, we can discuss an interesting topic without fear of any kind of litigation, however unlikely. I'm also not about to be party to public ex-matrimonial bitching either.

Comment

Why would his ex-wife(of 2 days) post on this forum?

How did she know that Menelaus was Craig Colclough/Alexander?
                  Company name?

IIRC Menelaus Consulting is owned by Walt.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

If you don't opt out of the agency regulations, then there is an obligation on the agency to check you are who you say you are, and to check that you have the qualifications that you claim to have.

One of the few things that Ajilon did right with me when I opted in was to ask for copies of the transcripts / certificates for the qualifications that I had on my CV (professional and degree). Of course, that doesn't really prove a thing one way or the other.

How many people really do get axed quickly, though? I've worked with rubbish contractors, where the management team know that the person is no good, but tend to just not renew the contract at the end of the term. So the contractor just moves from place to place without ever really getting found out.

If you don't know the stuff when you get on site, then you can usually get away with a few weeks of "I'm just finding my feet and understanding the exact requirements before I dive into the system..." while you study hard, before the client has the chance to spot that you aren't that good. In fact, usually, you've got a few weeks without a login, computer or desk, so there's plenty of time to learn!! Not that I have ever done such a thing, you understand
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                      He contacted my employers on several occasions, my supervisors at university, he posted on websites stating I wanted him dead, wrote blogs about me, tried to sue me, threatened to make false allegations about me to the police, written press-releases mentioning my professional name and his association with me, and I have stayed quiet for 2 years
                      All very well and good - but CUK doesn't have to be dragged into it. Happy to debate with you/answer questions, but not to be party to defamation.

Comment

Working...
                      X