• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Overtime rate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SizeZero View Post
    Most of my overtime comes from other people not doing their jobs properly.
    Same here - current contract pays time on a Saturday and time and a half on Sundays. The place is full on Sundays...

Comment

Last client generously offered to pay 1.0 x normal rate for overtime.

One before that offered the opportunity to work weekends in exchange for a day off in the week, subject to their approval, must be taken before the end of the month or you lose it. Call my a cynic, but wouldn't it be really easy to deny approval and not give you the day off? (And yes, they tried it!)
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I don't have any overtime clauses in my contract and due to the current state of the project I am working on will require some evenings and weekend work. With my contract up for re-newal I am going to ask for an overtime clause to be added, along lines of 1.5 x weekevening and 2 x weekend.

What sort of argument, if any, would the agent put up to not include this, or would they see this as standard ? Or are the hours worked the hours expected to work being a contractor ?

NOTE - THIS HAS BEEN POSTED TO BUSINESS/CONTRACTS SECTION AS MORE RELEVANT THERE
        Last edited by kaiser78; 2 November 2009, 13:49.

Comment

Last couple of contracts have wormed 'same rate no matter what day' clauses into contract which I had to concede on. I'd like to see them ask me to work a weekend though - they'll have to whistle. Best multiplier ever was 3X though back in golden days of Y2K, can't wait for the next milenium to come around....

Comment

Originally posted by singhr View Post
            Last couple of contracts have wormed 'same rate no matter what day' clauses into contract which I had to concede on. I'd like to see them ask me to work a weekend though - they'll have to whistle. Best multiplier ever was 3X though back in golden days of Y2K, can't wait for the next milenium to come around....

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem <-- could be a nice little retirement earner.

Comment

Working...
                X