• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Big Chill

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is why I bought a luxurious 15 Tog duvet in June (and have a summer 7.5 tog one as well - bought in winter!) ... saved about 75% on £350 worth of items... one thing that will always happen, but few prepare prepare for, is winter in the UK.

Women seem to give off large amounts of heat as well, so often you can turn down the thermostat if you have one close to hand.

Instead of spending 5 billion odd on IT systems for the NHS, the scumverment could spend 500 million a year on insulating the homes of the elderly, helping with the heating bills of many.... many thousands of pensioners will die in th UK this winter due to related, and avoidable, health problems.

Or, of course we could invade a foreign country. *

(* I think France is ripe for revolution to install democracy **)

(** Then hopefully, in a few years, they will return the favour ... )
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Well its still pretty mild here in Darmstadt land, only -1 this morning. Luckily I fly to Tel Aviv tomorrow for a few days work with a hotel right on the beach and it promises to be around 26c, nice.
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
      X