• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car park marking gone bad..!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought it was about parking bays, where you need a plank or something to keep the lines straight.

Comment

Excuse me! What is wrong with barb wire collecting?

Comment

There's a really funny student prank in there somewhere about repainting a car park and confusing all the mums even more than their normal trouble they have parking

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          We'll have to take your word on that.
          I once had to do a 10,000 word essay on 'The Marxist interpretation of Hegelian Dialectic and the counter-factual variable concept of car-park delineation' - An extra 10 marks if parallels are drawn to the Heisenberg uncertainty principle of traffic wardens. ie do they operate in waves and what are the frequencies

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Muttley08 View Post
            There's a really funny student prank in there somewhere about repainting a car park and confusing all the mums even more than their normal trouble they have parking
            Oh yes lets really piss off sleep deprived Mothers of small children - that's REALLY funny, I know lets also let down the tires of smug patronising male IT contractors too ha ha ha - jolly japes eh!
            I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
              Oh yes lets really piss off sleep deprived Mothers of small children - that's REALLY funny, I know lets also let down the tires of smug patronising male IT contractors too ha ha ha - jolly japes eh!
              Ooh! Ouch!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Ah yes when you look into it carpark marking is a fascinating subject.

In the carpark of the Ulster Folk and Transport museum in Belfast, some genius decided to paint parking bays. To help people park in a one-way section of the park he painted the bays at 45 degrees to the flow of traffic.
                So far so good.... but... he forgot to take account of the fact that this narrows the bays. Result, bays 1/root two of a car width. They're there to this day.

Comment

Working...
                X