• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Friday afternoon advise

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    You say you have already been put forward by another pimp so did you get a job spec from them?
    I've been put forward for a specific role by another pimp, no way of knowing at this stage if it's the same thing or not.

In the other case there's a role spec, job ID #, etc which is why this one sticks out as being a bit fishy. All other roles I've seen for the same client have had the same level of detail.

I'm going to let the pimp sweat over the weekend, he said he'll call me Monday to discuss so I'll let him do that.
    Last edited by the_rangdo; 9 October 2009, 19:03. Reason: Spelling ;)
    Gronda Gronda

Comment

You know, sometimes it's best to just toss a coin. Then, if it turns out to be a bad move , you can blame the coinage. Good luck in whatever you decide.
      Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
        Good luck in whatever you decide.
        Cheers.

On the upside it does appear as though the market is picking up, just based on the number of roles and phone activity over the past few weeks.
        Gronda Gronda

Comment

Good Luck !

(And thanks for reminding me of "The Adventure Game". I loved that show. Doogy Rev!")
          Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
            (And thanks for reminding me of "The Adventure Game". I loved that show. Doogy Rev!")
            Gronda Gronda

Comment

Good Luck !

Oh Cheers BGG - I was trying to remember the name of the program, you saved me a google
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Well I've spoke to the agent and I'm making the trip down on Thursday, costing me many Drogna.

So while I'm mulling stuff over I'm now thinking about logistics given all my contracts have been pretty local to where I live.

Has anyone ever done something like a Manchester-London commute? Sounds mad but I'm thinking if I stay in a hotel on my tod I'm going to end up bored and spending money

2 hours on a train would be good time to read, or listen to muzak, or sleep. Monthly season ticket works out at £49/working day.

Anyone done it?
                Gronda Gronda

Comment

advice

FFS
                  Northern monkey.

Hth.

Originally posted by the_rangdo View Post
                  Well I've spoke to the agent and I'm making the trip down on Thursday, costing me many Drogna.

So while I'm mulling stuff over I'm now thinking about logistics given all my contracts have been pretty local to where I live.

Has anyone ever done something like a Manchester-London commute? Sounds mad but I'm thinking if I stay in a hotel on my tod I'm going to end up bored and spending money

2 hours on a train would be good time to read, or listen to muzak, or sleep. Monthly season ticket works out at £49/working day.

Anyone done it?
                  Menelaus has an empty pad you can crash in!

Comment

Originally posted by the_rangdo View Post

Anyone done it?
                    I haven't but I know someone who did - she managed it for about 3 months before she was ready to tear her hair out - mind you that was a few years ago and with all the work they have done on the line since then, you'd think it would have improved....
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                      I haven't but I know someone who did - she managed it for about 3 months before she was ready to tear her hair out - mind you that was a few years ago and with all the work they have done on the line since then, you'd think it would have improved....
                      The Virgin train is quite good and you don't have to be a virgin to use it!

Comment

Working...
                      X