• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Public sector unions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    My mum was a teacher, then became a university lecturer and then retired, still on the old 80% final salary scheme, while on the salary of a university dean. She also has a state pension and her own private pension. She now spends her mornings gardening and her afternoons drinking chardonnay and earns nearly twice as much as she did when she was working. Can't be bad.
    My wife is a teacher. She's not going to get a pension as somebody will undoubtedly nick it off her in the next 25 years. Can't be good.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I think teaching is one of the public sector professions that I dont have a gripe with, along with the police, hospital staffe etc. Its the useless beurocratic pointless organisations that I have had dealings with that really get my goat. The ones where they serve some purpose but could be done with a handful of staff instead of the several hundred that do nothing all day, raking in an absolute fortune, letting projects overrun and go massively over budget becasue fundamentally there is no P+L at all. You need more money, just pull more from tax revenues.

Comment

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
        I think teaching is one of the public sector professions that I dont have a gripe with, along with the police, hospital staffe etc. Its the useless beurocratic pointless organisations that I have had dealings with that really get my goat. The ones where they serve some purpose but could be done with a handful of staff instead of the several hundred that do nothing all day, raking in an absolute fortune, letting projects overrun and go massively over budget becasue fundamentally there is no P+L at all. You need more money, just pull more from tax revenues.
        Guy I know worked for the "Office of the Deputy Prime Minister". When Prescott left, they all kept their jobs (doing **** all) but just changed the name of the department - **** knows what it's called now...
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

they dont mention that as well as the non performance related pay rise of say 2.5% they are also getting a nice little increase every year as they move up the payscale

not linked to them doing anything at all

Comment

Working...
          X