• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is to stop agencies doing this ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thread climbs out of the grave and menaces contractor folk.

What if the recruiter takes a date of birth but doesn't send an email confirmation?

CV blocking?
    Der going over der to get der der's.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruse View Post
      1) Client gives agencies on PSL (Preferred Supplier List) heads up for a role, but specifies each agency can only submit up to 5 CV's of best candidates.
      2) Agency 1 advertises and hoovers up all the CV's of those with skill set.
      3) Agency 1 responds to all candidates with matching skill sets and implies verbally that CV being forwarded to client for consideration.
      4) Agency 2 contacts candidate who hasn't been short listed by Agency 1
      but is under impression he/she has been. So candidate asks Agency 2 not to
      forward his/her CV to client.
      5) Result Agency 1 has eliminated the majority of the competition for the role
      and one of their candidates is hired.

I know for a fact that this has happened to me on at least one occasion (from insider at another agency) and if this is the case then it is most likely a widespread practice.

The only solution I can see to this practice is to get your CV in to all the agencies and tell each that you have not been submitted via another agency.
      However I am very loathe to adopt this kind of practice. What do others think ?
      Its a term in the creepy recruitment world known as 'blocking', they just block candidates in clandestine ways - the way to get around it is by sending them an e-mail asking for written confirmation that they 'have' sent your CV down to the client; if you get no written reply or they insist on telling you on the phone about it (only) then go to a different agency, consider your CV not sent.
      Last edited by eliquant; 26 October 2009, 18:10.

Comment

what about the situation where consultancies tell pimps they have a role, pimps forward all the CV's

consultancy uses it to identify places where bob has not yet visited and moves in to undermine uk IT workers yet again

if an add turns out to be for one of those companies i tell them not to send my CV and i would suggest everyone else does the same

Comment

Working...
        X