• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Un-perma-boomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by basshead View Post
    I'd hoped the perm gig was going to set me up for the next few years, based from home, 60k salary, large organisation etc. But it was not as I expected it to be, the role far too high level (enterprise architecture) and not technical enough and no hands-on to it and I felt like I was losing skills the longer I stayed. It was also much longer hours, more pressure and travel than I'd ever experienced contracting. A no-brainer to leave really
    It was more of a no brainer 10 years ago when people in my game were on 3K a week for knocking out a few lines of code when we could be bothered and the stressed out permie management were getting 30oddK a year

The figures aren't so good now but it's still not worth it. I've been lured into responsibility roles a few times but soon got back to semi/fully bored code cutting once I woke up.

Comment

Working...
    X