• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracts flatlining

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RSoles View Post
    I think it's just that it's been so long that we've forgotten what 'up' looks like

I know the feeling. Except with me it's my feet.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      You'll have to forgive Dim. He's not very good with graphs and numbers and stuff. He doesn't "believe" in statistical models either.

Actually last bit of the graph looks a bit like a hockey stick.

Boomed!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Is that an uptick I see there?
        So its as bad as 2003 - considering this is the wrost recession since the 30s I'd have expected it to be a lot worse
        Just you wait for the second dip.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by RSoles View Post
          I think it's just that it's been so long that we've forgotten what 'up' looks like

Take one of the little blue pills - that should help.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Actually last bit of the graph looks a bit like a hockey stick.

Boomed!

Looks like climate change and job stats are merging

Comment

Hi All,

Kept my head down on here since my last visit turned into a mass slanging match!

Thought you contractors might like to see this one too:
              http://old.jobstats.co.uk/jobstats.d/TOTAL.html

While job volumes may be increasing they are still at such low levels that an increase does not warrant excitement at present. The above is nice though as it shows that, like previous busts, contractors become more in demand as a percentage of all jobs. This bodes well for contractors when job volumes pick up as a whole.

Comment

Originally posted by jobstats.co.uk View Post
                While job volumes may be increasing they are still at such low levels that an increase does not warrant excitement at present. The above is nice though as it shows that, like previous busts, contractors become more in demand as a percentage of all jobs. This bodes well for contractors when job volumes pick up as a whole.
                Anything that bodes well for us is a Good Thing.
                Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by jobstats.co.uk View Post
                  Hi All,

Kept my head down on here since my last visit turned into a mass slanging match!

Thought you contractors might like to see this one too:
                  http://old.jobstats.co.uk/jobstats.d/TOTAL.html

When do you estimate that job volumes will increase significantly??
                  Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
                    When do you estimate that job volumes will increase significantly??

Wait a minute, as we speak, Mr Jobstats is looking into his Mystic Meg crystal ball

You sure you have PhD?
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

I am probably more of a Russell Grant than Mystic Meg

It is a good question though BlackenedBiker, and one that I doubt anyone can answer, a bit like predicting when the stock market will (may) crash next...

My prediction is that job levels may go down further yet. The next Gov. will have to cut public spending so we will see more jobs disappearing. Things could get worse before they get better.

I would also look back the job volumes pre-dot com boom. We never recovered from those highs. I fear we will not see the job volumes of the last few years again for a long time, if ever. I feel there is a lot in our country's economy that needs to be addressed before we see any real growth.

As Johnny Nice Painter from the Fast Show would say "All I see is Black, Black! You lock me in the cellar and feed me pins!"

Comment

Working...
                      X