• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

F1 Japan (possible spoilers)... Anyone watching live?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealing with rule changes, pushing the spec to its legal limit (and being the first to do it) is all part of the game, and I find it just as interesting as the bit on the tarmac. The race isn't just won or lost by the bloke in the car.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      Each to their own, but I find motorike racing really boring because they change positions so often and so easily it's meaningless.

F1 could certainly do with solving the aerodynamics problems stopping overtaking. They're able to run closer this year, which is good, but still not close enough.
      The main problem are the brakes now. They need to lengthen the braking distances...somehow. Maybe change the materials?
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
        The main problem are the brakes now. They need to lengthen the braking distances...somehow. Maybe change the materials?
        I don't think it's the main problem, but going back to steel disks and increasing braking distances would make it easier for one driver to outbrake another.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
          And a whopping half a point between them... sorry Zippy

On the other hand, the Yanks have the delicious Danica Patrick to drool over

http://bittenandbound.com/wp-content...patrick-si.jpg

At least she has won a race, which is more than a few of the current F1 crowd can claim. She was nearly in Rueben's seat this year - until Honda threw in the towel.

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
            And a whopping half a point between them... sorry Zippy

On the other hand, the Yanks have the delicious Danica Patrick to drool over

http://bittenandbound.com/wp-content...patrick-si.jpg

At least she has won a race, which is more than a few of the current F1 crowd can claim. She was nearly in Rueben's seat this year - until Honda threw in the towel.
            Well fck you

It'll happen (laydees in F1) but it is physically tough, so sponsors will take a lot of convincing(and, I suspect, an 'impressive' physique) . Also - how do you put your make up on with no rear view mirror?

I suspect Danica was only in with a chance to get money in to the team - but ain't they all?
            +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
              Well fck you

It'll happen (laydees in F1) but it is physically tough, so sponsors will take a lot of convincing(and, I suspect, an 'impressive' physique) . Also - how do you put your make up on with no rear view mirror?

I suspect Danica was only in with a chance to get money in to the team - but ain't they all?
              It's already happened. Giovanni Amati in 1992. The only female ever to score a point (half actually) was Lella Lombardi in the tragic 1975 Spanish Grand Prix at Montjuic.

Bother: Hadn't seen Scarys reply.
              Last edited by ASB; 5 October 2009, 21:15.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
                It's already happened. Giovanni Amati in 1992. The only femal every to score a point (half actually) was Lella Lombardi in the tragic 1975 Spanish Grand Prix at Monjuic.
                Yes, I know there have been women in F1 but I meant there will be more in the future and they will be taken seriously this time. The real problem is getting them in to the cars in the first place. I appreciate there are physical demands but it wasn't so long ago that 'experts' were insisting that women couldn't run marathons.
                +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                  Yes, I know there have been women in F1 but I meant there will be more in the future and they will be taken seriously this time. The real problem is getting them in to the cars in the first place. I appreciate there are physical demands but it wasn't so long ago that 'experts' were insisting that women couldn't run marathons.
                  They can't... well nowhere near as fast as a man, there was a 15 minute difference between the fastest man and woman in this years London marathon.

I thought 'hooj ballz' were required to drive at 200mph?
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    They can't... well nowhere near as fast as a man, there was a 15 minute difference between the fastest man and woman in this years London marathon.

I thought 'hooj ballz' were required to drive at 200mph?
                    Now you are just being silly
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Interestingly, women are physiologically more suited to flying fighter planes than men.

I doubt this translates to driving cars quickly though, that is obviously man's work.
                      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                      X