• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheap PC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You forgot the biggie - no IIS on the home edition which makes it useless for web dabbling.

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs
      You forgot the biggie - no IIS on the home edition which makes it useless for web dabbling.
      There is a way of getting IIS on XP Home Edition (if you have the XP Pro/Win2k Enterprise disks). Single site only - same as the old Personal Edition version - google it.
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I recently bought a base unit (+ keyboard, mouse, USB-powered speakers, Win XP home and Nero CD) for 299€ in Auchan, pick up and walk to checkout with it. I'd be surprised if you can't do as well in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by expat
          I recently bought a base unit (+ keyboard, mouse, USB-powered speakers, Win XP home and Nero CD) for 299€ in Auchan, pick up and walk to checkout with it. I'd be surprised if you can't do as well in the UK.
          £200 and no MOBO, CPU, PSU, SOUND CARD, GRAPHIcS CARD, USB...

Hmm have you noticed it doesn't work yet ?
          Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
            £200 and no MOBO, CPU, PSU, SOUND CARD, GRAPHIcS CARD, USB...

Hmm have you noticed it doesn't work yet ?
            Actually it does it works better than my Tosh laptop. But then that has McAfee on it

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs
              Real men use Apache - which runs on anything.

Comment

Originally posted by PerlOfWisdom
                Real men use Apache - which runs on anything.
                I'm still trying to get it to run on my ZX81 with 4k ram pack, can anyone help ?
                Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Working...
                X