• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Website help please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I've given up on IE entirely now, because it seems incapable of saving online news web pages in HTML - Just sits there for ages, and then suddenly bombs out with an error message. But I've never yet found a page FireFox can't save.
    I gave up on IE at version 7. Not only is it a machine killer on my crappy old laptop, it even distresses my super-optimised dual-processor box. I have the versions there for testing but wouldn't willingly use them for surfing.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.1: Safari Version 4.0.3 (6531.9) seems to be fine, as does Opera 10.00 build 6652
      Hi Nick,
      many thanks for the Mac perspective

Comment

Originally posted by conkerer View Post
        Hi Nick,
        many thanks for the Mac perspective
        I really am invisible aren't I.

Comment

...who said that??

Comment

Works fine on IE 8.

I wouldn't worry about the other browsers personally.

I do have quite "interesting" discussions with a friend who is a web designer, and he loathes having to ensure a web site is compatible in the 3 million different browsers out there. It adds additional cost and headache.

I've advised him to try to encourage his clients and their customers to just using IE, but they are having none of it.

I hope another 20 browsers come out in the next few years, and then the Internet will be really pooched for users and designers.

Perhaps then people will realise that too much choice can be a bad thing.

I'll be fair and can tolerate 2 browsers in the market.

Whether that's IE and A.N.Other or just 2 A.N.Others doesn't matter.
            Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
              I really am invisible aren't I.
              Now I feel REALLY guilty

To make up for that and because you were the only one to test using Chrome ...

Thank You OrangeHopper

Comment

Originally posted by scotspine View Post
                ...who said that??

I find all the browsers behave the same except IE6 which, unfortunately, many large companies are still using. Constantly looking for that missing setting that only IE6 worries about. Even something as Microsoft centric as iframes behaves differently in IE6 from every other browers.

Comment

Working...
                X