• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Yamal Implosion

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I read today that archaeologists have just discovered a roman emperor's house at the site of an old roman port near Rome.

Today that port is by the airport, two miles inland. Sea levels must have changed significantly over the past 2000 years or so.
    Could the port have been on the river? Rather than a sea port?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      Could the port have been on the river? Rather than a sea port?
      I wondered that, but it says the port was twice as big as Southampton, and the map doesn't show it on the river.

BTW it was an amphitheatre they discovered, rather than just a house.

Comment

I wondered that, but it says the port was twice as big as Southampton, and the map doesn't show it on the river.

BTW it was an amphitheatre they discovered, rather than just a house.
        you could post a link to the article

Or would that suggest that global warming isn't happening and your hypothesis is false?
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

I read today that archaeologists have just discovered a roman emperor's house at the site of an old roman port near Rome.

Today that port is by the airport, two miles inland. Sea levels must have changed significantly over the past 2000 years or so.
          OR ALTERNATIVELY the cost line has changed over time; some of it gets eroded and deposited elsewhere. Other possibilities the land is rising; the southern part of Britain is still sinking as a result of the fact that there isn't any ice sheets sat on top of north Europe anymore.

Why does everybody jump to the "It must be man made global warming" conclusion? Drugs, inbreeding, using the Guardian as a reference text?

Comment

Even if sea levels have risen, what's to suggest that's man-made?

Why are the two issues persistently conflated?

Comment

Originally posted by cybersquatter View Post

They probably fell to expose the land between the building and sea
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by cybersquatter View Post

Because you can't tax acts of God but you can tax men( and women, Stan)!

Comment

Looking at google maps, the port the ampitheatre was built on is on the mouth of the river Tiber and consequently the area is prone to lots of silting

I think we can safely assume that the shoreline has moved out into the sea due to river deposits
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    I've been saying since day one that the man made climate change mantra is utter bollox from a scienctific basis.

The models that underpin the "science" are laughable.

Thanks for the laugh.

You've been saying? You seem to think you're some sort of Nobel prize intellect rather than than some Swindon Saddo.
                    And the only "models" you'd be familiar with would be found on page 3 of the Sun.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Thanks for the laugh.

You've been saying? You seem to think you're some sort of Nobel prize intellect rather than than some Swindon Saddo.
                      And the only "models" you'd be familiar with would be found on page 3 of the Sun.
                      I trust DimPrawn completely. He didn't become a millionaire by not knowing stuff.
                      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                      X