• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brown loses Sun newspaper backing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My domestic staff still say the NHS is crap. Who am I to argue?

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
      I know it's routine for this country to completely reverse its political choice every ten years or so, so it's basically the Tories turn next, but I'm absolutely dreading it. I'm not a dedicated Labour voter (more Lib Dem usually), but they have done some fantastic things during their time in power, spending our money on the things we want it spent on. The big failures - the wars and the economy - are worldwide failures and I cannot see how the Tories would have handled any of that any better at all. They certainly wouldn't have tried to restrict the financial sector's recklessness and they would probably have invaded Iraq and Afghanistan before the Americans had even thought of the idea.

What we're looking at for the next ten years is a load of stuck up toffs cutting budgets to all the public services which have been improved so much under Labour and selling off public assets just so they can claim to have saved the economy.

I wish Labour would put together a series of films showing the state of the NHS, schools, public transport and social care as it was when they took over, and compared with now. People forget so quickly, and the Tories will take us straight back there. Makes me shudder.
      Oh, that's really very good, no, stop, I think I've ruptered my spleen...

‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
        This weekend I'll be going to Thorpe park and it's still easier for me to drive my family from the North West than it is to use our wonderful public transport system. For social care I still see those who really need it getting missed out but thise who can play the system getting everything on a plate.
        Are you mental? You're driving past Alton Towers to go to THORPE PARK?

I'd rather go to Chessington World of Dissapointment.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I'm reading all your replies in David Cameron's voice. It's making me shudder even more. I'm going to put my back out in a minute.

Comment

I'm reading all your replies in David Cameron's voice. It's making me shudder even more. I'm going to put my back out in a minute.
            Stick a red rosette on a pig and you'd vote for it.

I hope you get your wish and Brown stays in. Enjoy.

Comment

Yeah, this is probably the problem. I don't suppose many people on this forum even use the NHS, public transport, schools or social care, or ever did under the Tories either, so who would notice the difference.
              The NHS is great. The fact is maintains one of the biggest burocracies in the western world is all down to Labour.

Labour has ****ed around with schools and the curriculaum every two years (without fail), so much so that no new initiative or idea is given a chance. It's Labour's constant tinkering that has caused the mess in education - if they'd done nothing for 10 years, we'd be in no worse a state.

I've moved countless times in the last 10 years, so can't give a proper comparison on public transport.

I have no idea about social care.
              Last edited by Moscow Mule; 30 September 2009, 09:24.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Stick a red rosette on a pig and you'd vote for it.
                What, rather than vote Tory? Yeah, you're probably right.

Comment

Yeah, this is probably the problem. I don't suppose many people on this forum even use the NHS, public transport, schools or social care, or ever did under the Tories either, so who would notice the difference.
                  You suppose wrong. I use the NHS but find it difficult to see a doctor when I need to. My wife had a kidney transplant under the NHS so we as a family have a lot to be gratefull for in terms of the NHS. But it does waste an absolute sh1tload of money. But GP's and dentists are now very well paid so that is all and good. Shame we can't see either though!

Public transport - no. Doesn't run at the times I need, too expensive and complex pricing structures. Too slow and dirty also. It takes over an hour to do the Rochdale to Leeds train journey and the walk on early moring fare was 11 quid last time I tried. It's about 40 miles in all.

Social Care - Special schools closed, more kids placed into mainstream schools which are unsuitable for their needs. Closing of Local authority care homes so that old and vunerable people are left to the private sector and the varying levels of care offered. People who have worked and saved all their lives prevented from access to the welfare state because they have worked and saved all their lives as opposed to those who have never worked and played the system.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                    Are you mental? You're driving past Alton Towers to go to THORPE PARK?

I'd rather go to Chessington World of Dissapointment.
                    Been to Alton Towers too many times so the rides are a bit boring. Also my best mate lives down there so it is an excuse to meet up for a few beers
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                      Labour has ****ed around with schools and the curriculaum every two years (without fail), so much so that no new initiative or idea is given a chance. It's Labour's constant tinkering that has caused the mess in education - if they'd done nothing for 10 years, we'd be in no worse a state.
                      I must admit that education is a lot better under Labour. In 97 we had lots of kids failing their exams, now we have A levels with a 97 percent pass rate. I have no idea how they did this as the kids themselves don't apprear any brighter but the stats don't lie. It's almost like they have made the exams easier or somefink init!

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                      X