• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where have you stashed your cash?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gordon Brown has all my money.

Comment

AlreadyPacked,

you may as well change your name to AlreadyUnPacked, cos with a strategy like this you ain't going nowhere:

'So far I have decided not to buy property until next year earliest.

Two: not to move out of sterling until it recovers.'

I fear anybody without property in the coming inflation will only live to see their cash eroded.

All the best,

Milan.
      Last edited by milanbenes; 29 September 2009, 06:46.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        I fear anybody without property in the coming inflation will only live to see their cash eroded.
        This worries me too. So how the flip do you invest in something Far Eastern? Some kind of shares? Or Saudi may be better, or perhaps Canadian.

Comment

yes, overseas property will be a double winner, hedge against inflation and the devaluing of the £

Milan.

Comment

I put what spare cash I had in a tracker when the FTSE was at 3500. Hopefully will be leaving it there until the FTSE is back at 7000 plus.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
              I put what spare cash I had in a tracker when the FTSE was at 3500. Hopefully will be leaving it there until the FTSE is back at 7000 plus.
              If that doesn't happen soon, you won't even out-run inflation....

<scots accent>
              DOOOMED
              </scots accent>
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I only move enough back to the uk to pay bills, the rest I keep in Euros or spend.
                The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I plan to die owing a million quid and so don't worry about that kind of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    This worries me too. So how the flip do you invest in something Far Eastern? Some kind of shares?
                    One unit trust fund I have invests only in China. There are UK brokers you can purchase them through which reduce the cost of buying/managing them.

Comment

Originally posted by TinTrump View Post
                      One unit trust fund I have invests only in China. There are UK brokers you can purchase them through which reduce the cost of buying/managing them.
                      I have an ISA from Legal & General which allows investment in various funds around the world.
                      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                      X