• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We used to get rats and mice in the old cottage. Rats in the outbuildings on the estate and mice scampering in the walls. Oh, and the blimming house sparrows used to tear strips of thatch off the roof to make nests.

Nothing a .22 air rifle and an eager young lad couldn't solve however.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

We had a new sink fitted last week and since then I have heard a rat under the kitchen sink. I know its a rat as its too big for a mouce. this thing was causing the doors to rattle as it moved around. Filled in a gap that was uncovered in the cupboard but now it jsut scratches around between the cupboard and the floorboards. You can hear it breathing.

Its not too different to having a pet really!

Comment

I recommend 'Little Nipper'. You can get em in multi-packs at Robert Dyas etc.

use a bit of cheese, bread or chocolate to get them to put their head on the proverbial chopping block.

be careful when you nip downstairs for a midnight snack in the dark though....

heard a girl on tube the other night discussing some electric device that you plug into wall socket which scares em away.....wot into another room like?

Comment

Originally posted by singhr View Post
          heard a girl on tube the other night discussing some electric device that you plug into wall socket which scares em away.....wot into another room like?
          Does it work on kids ? It'd save me a lot of cash if they moved out....

Comment

Originally posted by Ruse View Post
            Does it work on kids ? It'd save me a lot of cash if they moved out....
            Try one of these
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
              Try one of these
              Ah yes good thinking, now I wonder if it works on Under 10's

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
                Tulip,

Little barstewards infesting my flat.

Woke up at 4h30 to find one tucking into my organic apples!

Any tips on how to get rid of them, my requirements are non-toxic as I have a dog and want to limit collateral damage, but humane dispatching of said pestilence is an optional requirement.

Sunny "mouse sh i te between my toes" san
                If you get really infested with the blighters all thoughts of humane go out of the window.

I used to have a house surrounded by fields and they'd invade every time the grass was cut and when it got cold. The Labrador had a good go at them, until the day when she ate one which had been poisoned (next door put poison down as they didn't have any pets themselves). Poor dog was extremely ill and puke/bile and diarrhoea all over the kitchen floor, so never went after mice again.

I sealed up various holes to next door under the floorboards and laid mousetraps on the kitchen work surfaces. The main problem was the sacks of dog food; they'd eat holes in the bottom of the sack so when you lifted it out there were biscuits all over the floor. I ended up getting a large plastic tub with a tight fitting lid for that.

On getting through small holes:- I had a gas man come to fit a new meter and as he lifted the old one out we saw a mouse which disappeared before our eyes. It somehow fitted through the corner of the cupboard where to the naked eye there was no gap. We both thought we'd being seeing things.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruse View Post
                  Ah yes good thinking, now I wonder if it works on Under 10's
                  Nah. You need one of these
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I live on a farm and since the crop was brought in a few days ago it's like the dogs and cats are off their food...
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Buy two cats.

One for catching mice. The other for the balti.
                      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                      X