• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Other places to live?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Pick your area, and you'll be alright...
    And that applies to any country you can name. I bet Baghdad has a nice bit.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      And that applies to any country you can name. I bet Baghdad has a nice bit.
      I bet Swindon has a nic..

Well maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        I bet Swindon has a nic..

Well maybe not.
        Evene Swindon has a nice bit. Its a bit of lawn about a foot square outside the council offices.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Evene Swindon has a nice bit. Its a bit of lawn about a foot square outside the council offices.
          You count the bit where DimPrawn sleeps as the nice bit?
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Cheers all, I like the sound of Singapore, plus Canada.. Been to Oz and it was a bit hot - although i was going up the east coast. NZ great scenery as well..

Will give me something to contemplate while this place slowly slips away..
            The mind is its own place, and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven

Comment

If one were to go to Australia, what's to stop one from staying there indefinitely? Claiming amnesia when they catch you and ask you where you came from and not believing your story about losing your passport, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                If one were to go to Australia, what's to stop one from staying there indefinitely? Claiming amnesia when they catch you and ask you where you came from and not believing your story about losing your passport, etc?
                They have exit controls, if you ever wanted to come back you'd be a bit screwed.

When you leave, they ban you from coming back for as long as you've overstayed (if it's significant).
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by ookook View Post
                  Cheers all, I like the sound of Singapore, plus Canada.. Been to Oz and it was a bit hot - although i was going up the east coast. NZ great scenery as well..

Will give me something to contemplate while this place slowly slips away..
                  If Oz was too hot, then Singapore will probably be.

Comment

bermuda

Comment

Spain. Not saying there's no crime - there are assorted eastern european mafiosi out here - but you never seem to come across Baby P / old ladies getting mugged type stories in the news here.

Comment

Working...
                      X