• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fu***** C'mon England

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    The England team is made from the bit part players from the premiership.
    I would argue with that. The majority of the England team (squad even) could challenge for their position in any team in the world and in some positions we have a surfeit fo talent. There are very few other countries who could manage that, most of them rely on one or two superb talents and a bunch of support players. Most of the England squad do play regularly for some of the best football teams in the world.
    The problem with England is getting these players from different teams to put aside club rivalry, learn to understand each other and play as a unit. Capello seems to be achieving this. If he can get them to think like a team then they DO have a chance of lifting the World cup. They have had the talent for any number of years, just not the team capability.

The press build up will be annoying, but we have every right to believe.

**In pissbags case (and most others) it is not pessimism it is a hatred of football or regarding it as a chavs game. For others it is pathalogical racial hatred of anything English.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I thought we looked fairly cohesive last night, it's good to see Lampard and Gerrard can play and score together, not a flawless performance but very much looking like the good old days IMO and £20 at 7.6/1 with betfair says there is a possibility (albeit a small one) that we might actually have a chance to lift the cup
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
        The England team is made from the bit part players from the premiership.
        I don't agree there. The Chelsea, Man Yoo and Liverpool players regularly play at the very top level in the Champions League.

Heskey is the only one who doesn't play regularly in the Premiership at the moment.

Green doesn't play for a top-six club - but that means he gets plenty of practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          Green doesn't play for a top-six club - but that means he gets plenty of practice.
          LOL Hadnt considered it like that. Anybody who can keep a clean sheet against the top clubs must be worth a shout, nice one.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

One major headache for the SA police is the possibility of the hooligan fans mingling in the stadia. Apparently its against the law there to segregate them

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Anyone seen District 9 yet?

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
                Anyone seen District 9 yet?
                Good plan, but not if any street-running types get over there.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

The press build up will be annoying, but we have every right to believe.

**In pissbags case (and most others) it is not pessimism it is a hatred of football or regarding it as a chavs game. For others it is pathalogical racial hatred of anything English.
                  Take a chil pill Ian
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                  X