• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CV. Help with updating.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my CV down to 2 paged by decreasing font size and removing "Job Description"s in the last two contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
      I sometimes even highlight the areas in the CV that relate to the job ad - just to make it really easy for them!!

T0ssers!
      Me too - Sometimes mine ends up looking like a ransom note.

And sometimes I end up sending a version for one contract highlighted up for another that requires completely different skills. Must really puzzle the agent.

As another tip though, on that note, if you "tailor" your CV for each application, it's obviously helpful to keep a copy in a folder for each one, so you can print a copy and remember what it emphasises if it elicits an interview.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I work in three distinct yet subtly related areas.
        I have three cvs with customised font size / highlighting.

Pain in the RS when it comes to updating / going for a contract which lies 'in between'.

RS

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
          Nope - just sick and tired of the childishness here
          Then I suggest that this board is not for you.....
          "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Europass CV

Has anyone bothered to redo their CV in the European Standardised Format? The Europass CV?

I'm not sure how widespread it is yet. I'm not keen on the layout, but if that's what they expect, I guess I should follow suit.

Comment

My last CV was 11 pages long, included written references and news clippings. pdf'd it and sent it to potential employer.

Got the job over the telephone 2 days later, and then changed my mind and turned it down 3 times before eventually accepted it and am still working there.

Sometimes a long winded CV can be the way to go. but generally no more than 3 pages (two is better).

HTH
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
              X