• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would now be a good time to resign?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Welcome back MF, the market will be quite until the end of the holidays. So take a holiday too, relax
    Which holidays? Christmas?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
      I know some off shore body smugglers who will smuggle bodies for £1.50 p/h
      Sorted? When can they start? They can kip in my server cabinet...nice and cosy in there.
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        100k a year, let me guess.....NHS ?

top of the food chain, above banking. I mean banking's good but it's peanuts compared to the public sector
        Aye, no nasty public opinion claiming that you are overpaid, even when you waste squillions.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
          I don't agree, I think some of us need therapy for our pathological ability to put up with merde for too long.
          Seconded. I know I've been guilty of that.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Oh! too late.

After a 3 year stint with company, last two as perm, I decided enough was enough.

Crap hours, crap bosses, poor communication, lack of direction, politics, politics, politics. I quit. I just quit a 100K year job

So now working my notice and going to be finished and gone.

So would this be the time to ask what the market is like?

MF in ('Im back') Mode
            Well done

Been there done that (although it was only 50k for me 3 years ago). Very liberating.. best thing I ever did.

Currently benched, but then that was my choice too as I turned down a tulip renewal a few months back. Enjoy the summer
            Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Oh! too late.

After a 3 year stint with company, last two as perm, I decided enough was enough.

Crap hours, crap bosses, poor communication, lack of direction, politics, politics, politics. I quit. I just quit a 100K year job

So now working my notice and going to be finished and gone.

So would this be the time to ask what the market is like?

MF in ('Im back') Mode
              Good man

It takes real belief in oneself to chuck in a well paid job. I have done it quite few times over the years and I have an album (in my memory) of the looks on the faces on the great and the good when you tell them to shove their ferking job. It's Priceless!

Not sure I would do it in the current climate, but good for you MF. Much respect.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                100k a year, let me guess.....NHS ?

top of the food chain, above banking. I mean banking's good but it's peanuts compared to the public sector
                Looks like it: NHS staff paid overtime when off sick

MF:- If you are there could you go sick during your notice?

Comment

Working...
                X