• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unhijacked Jobstats

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    If you want my honest opinion about the 'bullying'... some of it is from the 'school of hard knocks' and people should lighten up a little, some is a justified rebuttal or response to blatant sockpuppetry, but some of it comes from 'veteran' posters who are clearly beyond reproach, and get away with all sorts of tiring, boring, repetitive carp... day after day.

Feel free to lump me into that last category if you wish, but I'm sure you know who I mean.
    School of Hard Knocks: Please if you are going to use that phrase again then kill me now.

Sockpuppety: Please define FFS!!!!!!!
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
      I can't believe you are all so bothered about post counts! I am shocked that it is actually an issue for any of you.

So the bullying that I see in General is humourous and without venom?
      Of course it's an issue! I can't wait for the day I hit 5000 posts and can become "Andyw-like"
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

... but some of it comes from 'veteran' posters who are clearly beyond reproach, and get away with all sorts of tiring, boring, repetitive carp... day after day.

I won't have you speak about Dim like that.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
          School of Hard Knocks: Please if you are going to use that phrase again then kill me now.

Sockpuppety: Please define FFS!!!!!!!
          You know what I mean.

And sockpuppetry? I'm sure that's in the urban dictionary somewhere, or here.

Comment

I can't believe you are all so bothered about post counts! I am shocked that it is actually an issue for any of you.

Have you noticed that threads in LR get far fewer posts than those in general? In fact I once suggested a thread in LR which was serious should be recreated there as more people would post!

I assume most posting here are contractors so should be used to alot of venom? I got used to venom after I got married......

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              I won't have you speak about Dim like that.
              So what allows you to speak about him like that?

Comment

You know what I mean.

And sockpuppetry? I'm sure that's in the urban dictionary somewhere, or here.
                Thought as much, monitoring is required.

Who would be an admin??????????????
                Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

It's your web site, so you get to choose. You can either impose your value onto us, and remove post counts, or recognise our values and re-instate them. It is entirely in your gift.

No. Some of it is deserved, some is appalling, some is disappointing and a small bit is downright illegal. But for the first year or so when I lurked on this web site, it is all I ever saw in General.

I made the suggestion to a newbie some weeks back that they abandon their id and start a new one. I did that twice some years ago because of the flamings I got for asking contracting-related questions. It's hardly any wonder there's so many sockpuppets; we get trained to do that to survive on here.

The aggression is actively supported and defended by you moderators. There have been comments to that effect and it is even alluded to in the T&Cs. It is clearly what you want.

So why should you be shocked if some of us individuals find light-heartedness an important part of communication, such as drivelling and silly things like post counts? If you don't want that in General, reinstate Light Relief post counts, remove post counts altogether, or suggest we leave ContractorUk for somewhere else.

It's your site; it's up to you.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I blame the sockpuppets. Every time someone new joins they're accused of being a sockpuppet.
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                      I blame the sockpuppets. Every time someone new joins they're accused of being a sockpuppet.
                      WIS.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X