• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

the septics attacking the NHS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Officially, the WHO rankings.

Unofficially people who have experienced those systems.
    The World Health Organization's ranking of the world's health systems was last produced in 2000, and the WHO no longer produces such a ranking table, because of the complexity of the task.

As far as unofficially goes, unless you get people who have experienced and have a full understanding of both systems I think its going to be hard to compare.

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
      The World Health Organization's ranking of the world's health systems was last produced in 2000, and the WHO no longer produces such a ranking table, because of the complexity of the task.
      Do you think they would have changed that much?

Problem is, we all know government run orgs are inefficient and such is the NHS. AFAIK, other western European countries have more efficient public-private partnerships.

And they have more choice, you can pick your GP.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Ppp

Problem is, we all know government run orgs are inefficient and such is the NHS. AFAIK, other western European countries have more efficient public-private partnerships.

Hmmm, yes and no, the idea is great but in practice, in the UK it appears the PPP has resulted in increased cost with little or no improvement to the end user(See rail and London underground). IMHO Might work somewhere else but not here.
        There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Well hang on... Lets just get something right first of all. You was talking about numbers in a report published in 2000 which was based on the situation in 1997. Since then, love or hate them, its undeniable that an absolute shed load of money has been thrown at the NHS by Labour. So considering these two things, yes I would imagine things have changed. Whats been happening in France, Germany and Italy in that time ?

So lets first of all stop talking about the WHO report which to be frank, was not a great report when it was released anyway. There are reasons why they wont be doing another report.

Considering that the average contractor should have a reasonable IQ and be capable of rational thought I think this is the most laughable conclusion to jump to.

[/QUOTE]

I can pretty much pick my GP. Recently moved and I had three health centres close by containing around 30 GPs. I was assigned one at random but I can request to move GP any time I wish. The health centre even has forms dedicated to doing this if your not happy. Do not understand your point. Granted you have to stay within catchment areas but is that REALLY a big issue?

Locally I have a health centre that pretty much doing anything minor a hosptial does so I dont have to travel to town. My GP is also based there. There is a walk in centre in town and the hospital is a little further away. What more do I need ?
          Last edited by dx4100; 17 August 2009, 13:31.

Comment

Considering that the average contractor should have a reasonable IQ and be capable of rational thought I think this is the most laughable conclusion to jump to.
            Given your claimed "reasonable IQ" (very reasonable I would say), do you really think that a country like the UK should really have the 3rd largest public sector organisation in the world administering its healthcare? (this is from the NHS website, they seem proud of it).
            Do you suppose this is sustainable given the fact the UK economy has now been proven to rest on quicksand?
            Or are you just another cretinous, gullible and stupid sockie?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Given your claimed "reasonable IQ" (very reasonable I would say), do you really think that a country like the UK should really have the 3rd largest public sector organisation in the world administering its healthcare? (this is from the NHS website, they seem proud of it).
              Do you suppose this is sustainable given the fact the UK economy has now been proven to rest on quicksand?
              Or are you just another cretinous, gullible and stupid sockie?
              Your calling me stupid while quoting numbers from 1997 and applying them to 2009

Deary me Your not worth my time

Comment

Your calling me stupid while quoting numbers from 1997 and applying them to 2009

Deary me Your not worth my time
                His "what" is calling you stupid?

His "what" isn't worth your time?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  His "what" is calling you stupid?

His "what" isn't worth your time?
                  yawn

Comment

yawn
                    Your loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      Your loss.
                      Not really...

Epic fail on his behalf I feel. More to life than a bit of poor typing.

Comment

Working...
                      X