• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

V Festival 2009

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by expat View Post
    Cornbury, where wine is allowed only if it's a decent appellation.
    Would there be a space to park ones Bentley?
    King of Chutney.

Bring back Chetty - Lord of all things Chet!

Comment

v festival was my first festival aswell.. oh so many years ago

there's LOADS of like minded people here

take a change of clothes and footwear to leave in your car for when you come back, nothing worse than driving home with wet muddy cacks

think that your going to be open to the elements for the whole weekend so:
      - pack a few t-shirts and a thin jumper rather than 1 big woolly thing, it gets chilly at night,
      - buy a 'kag in a bag' for when it p!sses it down, there's 2 camps re: wellies, some say they chaff and are uncomfortable to walk in and that decent waterproof hiking boots are better, others say wellies are better.
      - the camping area and the arena area are seperate with security between them, you cant take alcohol into the arena as its brewery sponsered and bag checks are the norm.
      - t-bags, sugar, long life milk for morning brew although there are plenty of burger vans doing breakfasts and coffee around but there will be a queue
      - wet wipes, genius for freshing up a bit when you wake up in a baking tent feeling crusty
      - loo roll x 2, wrapped in carrier bags for when it rains, toilets at V are
      - vicks vapour rub for your top lip if you have a weak stomach, see above for reason why
      - stick your clothes in carrier bags in your bag so they dont get p!ss wet through if you arrive in the rain and have to trudge 2miles getting soaked
      - cigarettes, they cost a fortune on site
      - lighter for camp stove
      - sun hat/rain hat, I go with a madchester style fishermans hat but anything that'll keep the water out and the sun off your booze filled head is good
      - its a few km's from car to camp area so either consider you're gonna make 2 trips and carry the lot of invest in a sac truck from b&q for £15, 1 trip and gloat as others you pass mutter "im gonna get me a bl00dy truck next year"
      - beer for evenings back at the tent
      - mallet !!!!!
      - make friends with neighbours, they'll watch your tent while your not there if they are
      - sun cream for it will be sunny, oh yes
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
        That's the one.

And don't go looking for sympathy when you were at the front for Daphne and Celeste...

Taught me a lesson though, that was my first festival too.

Go armed myself next time!

Comment

Originally posted by MrToast View Post
          Would there be a space to park ones Bentley?
          Would there be a space to land ones Learjet

Comment

ah me.

my first festival was donnington monsters of rock in 82

we arrived and bought goodies (t-shirts, posters and the like) and sat down bofore the first act hit the stage. when anvil emerged everyone stood up and there was a gentle surge to the front. we had laid everything down around us and made a group split decision to go with the flow and return to our little pile at the end of the set.

idiots.

at the end of the set it appeared that 50000 people had surged fowrard and were refusing to step backwards. we had no idea where our stuff was anymore. lost everything. doh!

nevermind. we sat down, made friends with a chap called muff who passed us a bottle of something very dark and strong. i asked him why he was calle muff. he just raised an eybrow and snorted at me.

anvil and bottles of piss. that was some battle! i only got hit once or twice.

Comment

More class a's than you think it's possible to consume over one weekend.

I always underestimate that one ...

And get yourself a little fold up trolley, take the sting out of humping the gear back and forward to the car park!
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                More class a's than you think it's possible to consume over one weekend.

I always underestimate that one ...

And get yourself a little fold up trolley, take the sting out of humping the gear back and forward to the car park!
                I would recommend this bad boy....

http://www.halvin.co.uk/junk/trolley.jpg

You can get it from B&Q for about £12 and its awesome. Sack Trolley with inflated tyres are the best ones you can get. If its muddy etc it will get through it no problems.

Had mine for years and has done Glastonbury and V Festival several times. It did Glasto 2007 which is probably the worse conditions ever for a festival
                Last edited by dx4100; 13 August 2009, 14:23.

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
                  I would recommend this bad boy....

http://www.halvin.co.uk/junk/trolley.jpg

You can get it from B&Q for about £12 and its awesome. Trolley with inflated tyres are the best ones you can get. If its muddy etc it will get through it no problems.

Had mine for years and has done Glastonbury and V Festival several times. It did Glasto 2007 which is probably the worse conditions ever for a festival
                  WHS+1.. i have exactly the same (in red), best festival purchase i ever made, one trip, job done
                  The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                    WHS+1.. i have exactly the same (in red), best festival purchase i ever made, one trip, job done
                    It is the ultimate trolley for a festival I think...

Good comment about the colour... I have seen it orange and red...
                    Last edited by dx4100; 13 August 2009, 14:39.

Comment

oh gods... its V time again? remind me not to go into town (lots of teens in wellies & shorts trying to get beer) go any where near Hylands park (the traffic is HORRENDOUS in fact I might just take BGG & go away for the weekend
                      Growing old is mandatory
                      Growing up is optional

Comment

Working...
                      X