• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The IT Crowd

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    It had flashes of brilliance.
    I thought some parts were pretty good although the woman actress is a bit wooden.

The Big Bang Theory is of a similar genre but from the USA. And the delightful Kaley Cuoco to boot.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I thought the woman (Katherine Parkinson) was very good, a lot of the set ups wouldnt work without her
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
        I haven't seen any English TV for ages but somebody gave me a DVD of this show. Couldn't believe how formulaic it is - it's like one of those American sitcoms written by a committee. They even have canned clapping when somebody tells a particularly "clever" joke. Maybe it's an age thing.....
        I really hate that show, it angers me that such bilge gets commissioned. I accidently caught a bit of "The Inbetweeners" the other day too, and thought it a similar durge fest.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

What do you find funny? Try to mention something made this century, otherwise it's just a middle aged thing
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            What do you find funny? Try to mention something made this century, otherwise it's just a middle aged thing
            Good point. OK, although the challenge wasn't directed at me, here are some 21st century comedians I find funny:

Mitchell & Webb

Al Murray

Roy Chubby Brown

Dawn French

I must admit to having 20th century tastes on the whole. But I just think previous generations of comedians tended to have more subtlety and pathos, and less blatant crudity.

e.g. to name but a few, Kenneth Williams, Frankie Howerd, Terry-Thomas, Irene Handl, the guys in Steptoe and Son, Phil Silvers, Will Hay, Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy.

Gotta admit I also find Jethro funny, although his jokes are mostly recycled carp and he is very crude.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              I love 'Pulling' in particular, only two series on BBC3 for some reason. I loved Peep Show until it became a bit obvious, as well as Nighty Night and League of Gentlemen.

Alan Partridge is my absolute fave though.

I always watch One Foot in The Grave if it's on, or Fawlty Towers!
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

The Mighty Boosh. Brill.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                  I thought some parts were pretty good although the woman actress is a bit wooden.

The Big Bang Theory is of a similar genre but from the USA. And the delightful Kaley Cuoco to boot.
                  I agree that The Big Bang Theory is funny.
                  "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

'My name is Earl' can be very funny.
                    King of Chutney.

Bring back Chetty - Lord of all things Chet!

Comment

Originally posted by MrToast View Post
                      'My name is Earl' can be very funny.
                      Can it? I never noticed.

I like South Park.
                      Bored.

Comment

Working...
                      X