• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

English people haven't changed much

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turion View Post
    Where did you get the article from.
    Looks like The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists by Robert Tressell to me. Link.

how long from your sad life did you spend searching for it. Benched are you? People on a downer often try to cope by rubbishing others - individuals or whole nations. I'm sure things will get better for you eventually, but it helps to be positive. Then people will see you in a better light.
    Blimey. You're in need of a BJ, aren't you?
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      Looks like The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists by Robert Tressell to me. Link.

Blimey. You're in need of a BJ, aren't you?
      You offering are you?

I know a refusal might offends but I really don't require your services. Maybe you can help Darnstat. You and him have a lot in common. You could help each other.

Comment

You offering are you?

I know a refusal might offends but I really don't require your services. Maybe you can help Darnstat. You and him have a lot in common. You could help each other.
        You should lay off those 'make me an arsehole' pills.

Comment

Where did you get the article from. I enjoyed reading it and then wondered how long from your sad life did you spend searching for it. Benched are you? People on a downer often try to cope by rubbishing others - individuals or whole nations. I'm sure things will get better for you eventually, but it helps to be positive. Then people will see you in a better light.
          Mr Cranium got it right. Actually working very hard, I was reading it on my e-book in my hotel (as its non copyright you can download it for free) and many of the statements in it seem so true today...in particular when I read some of the comments from people here and can relate them to that book.

I had a dream about a BJ last night as well, strange that.
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
            I read a Scot on another board defying us to name another country that liked the English. He may have a point. I originally thought of Portugal, but the holidaymakers on the Algarve and the Maddie business may have dented our appeal there.
            The American's quite like our accents.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              The Japanese like the Americans and they dropped two atomic bombs on them.
              Blaster, you seem prone to making huge, sweeping statements without any evidence whatsoever to back them up.

It occurs to me that "The Japanese" (all of 127,000,000 of them) might have somewhat differing opinions on this, and any other topic.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
              X