• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Before Alien there was...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alien 1 was awesome for its suspension and slow build up
    Alien 2 was a bit better mixing suspension and action
    Alien 3 was boring I thought. Worse of the series.
    Alien 4 was fun I though. Was not as clever as the first two or as good but was way better than 3.
    Alien 5/0 should be good if Scott is going to be doing it.
    Last edited by dx4100; 10 August 2009, 14:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      So if alien 1 was the best (all right, possibly alien 2 for some people), and alien 3 and alien 4 got progressively worse, a prequel (alien 0) should be the best of the lot.
      Alien 1 had one alien, Aliens (Alien 2) had lots, and so on. So therefore Alien 0 will have no aliens.

Should be good.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        I rather preferred 2 to the first one to be honest.

Especially the Special Edition with the robot guns...

I love the smell of napalm in the morning...
        We need them. Link them to some facial recognition software and load in the membership database of nuLieBore. Bob's your teapot.

1) was very good, 2) was good. The rest were a waste of the franchise.

There are plenty of good reasons and potential plot lines to be explored with a '0', but on balance I hope they leave well alone as it would probably be a disappointment.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
          Guinness, yes that's it.

Best Alien movie was the second. One and three were OK, but four was godawful.
          Was four the one on the prison colony, or Alien v Predator?
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I watched the directors edition of 3 - the one on the colony and thought it rather good. The cinema release was pants.
            But I still love 1 & 2
            No 4 was ok in parts but the last 30 mins was rubbish and not even the delightful Winona could rescue it.
            I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Was four the one on the prison colony, or Alien v Predator?
              Neither

It was that good you seem to have blocked it from memory.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118583/
              Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                I have a financially distressing number of editions of Blade Runner.

I'm waiting for the definitive final director's cut of cuts of versions to come out.

Sometime around 2019.
                It's closer than you think

Yes, there are few things that I have tried so many times and still not got right.

Comment

4 had the very memorable underwater 'poseiden' tribute scene, followed by the climb up the ladder with the fella tied to the other's back - superb!
                  "take me to your leader"

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder View Post
                    4 had the very memorable underwater 'poseiden' tribute scene, followed by the climb up the ladder with the fella tied to the other's back - superb!
                    I thought the underwater aliens were embaressingly bad.

http://www.cincity2000.com/content/i...=1801&Itemid=2

Alien: Resurrection (Alien 4 hereafter), the script for which Whedon was invited to write, is another example. Whedon himself has said of the film, "It wasn't a question of doing everything differently...it was mostly a matter of doing everything wrong...They did everything wrong that they could possibly do...it wasn’t so much that they’d changed the script; it’s that they just executed it in such a ghastly fashion as to render it almost unwatchable."
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                      I thought the underwater aliens were embaressingly bad.

http://www.cincity2000.com/content/i...=1801&Itemid=2
                      I also like Waterworld.
                      "take me to your leader"

Comment

Working...
                      X