• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ITV sells Friends Reunited

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, your getting confused with Jeans Reunited, where you open an old case in the loft and find a size of 28" waist Jeans that say "hello fattie, remember me"

Comment

They got the business model wrong by charging money to make contact with people.

This discouraged people to use the site for the purpose it could/should have fulfilled, it also created a far better opportunity for the likes of myspace, facebook, etc.. and the people running the show did too little, too late, to salvage their drop in market share.
      The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
        And like similar sites, is destined to become another over-AJAXed failure unless the developers sort themselves out. Useless shower of numpties.
        The first over-AJAXed sites I came across put me off so thoroughly that I avoided the stuff like the plague for a long time.

Hint 1: If your target market is home users, you cannot expect everyone to be running on the latest bang up to date hardware.

Hint 2: If your target market is the SMB sector, you cannot expect everyone to be running on the latest bang up to date hardware.

Hint 3: If your target market is the corporate sector, you cannot expect everyone to be running on the latest bang up to date hardware.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

FR was way over priced then ITV bought it, just like all the social networking sites a few years ago and still are today

Funny really as just today research came out that found there was a large drop in people using such sites. And personally think will probably continue until none of them are valued more than about $10 to $20 million.

While they will never go away completely it about time people realised networking are just a fad that's already dying

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
            The first over-AJAXed sites I came across put me off so thoroughly that I avoided the stuff like the plague for a long time.

Hint 1: If your target market is home users, you cannot expect everyone to be running on the latest bang up to date hardware.

Hint 2: If your target market is the SMB sector, you cannot expect everyone to be running on the latest bang up to date hardware.

Hint 3: If your target market is the corporate sector, you cannot expect everyone to be running on the latest bang up to date hardware.
            FaceBork pisses me off for this very reason. And all of this 'mystery' navigation it results in - oh! of course I would automatically know that's how to access that bit of functionality that only appears on mouseover!

And, for iPhone users - what a blistering shower of ineptitude that app is.

Morons.

Comment

Who would pay 25mill for a couple of servers ,domain name and some software
              muppets

Comment

Working...
              X