• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone here ever worked coding the tesco self service tills?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swamp View Post
    Tell the machine you used 500 of your own plastic bags. Bingo! 500 Clubcard points
    The assistant will notice and tell you off (I got told off for entering one extra bag)

tim

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post

Which makes me think that they are trying to slip me a fake note/coin.
      speaking of which, the cheating chocolate machine at clientco refuses to accept the vast majority of 20ps, including a bit cheekily the ones it gave you in change earlier. You can't reason with machines though - it even refuses to haggle over the prices.
      Last edited by Peoplesoft bloke; 6 August 2009, 20:50.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Anyone here ever worked coding the tesco self service tills?

If so you are a muppet! When the 20p dispensor gets stuck why not dispense 2 10p coins instead of having to drag over one of the store assistant.

Whoever coded it up is a muppet.
        Probably been patched to scan for those collector's 20p coins and hold them when they find one...

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
          Drag over a store assistant for a measly 20p
          Just let it go. You're a loaded contractor FFS - even Bill Gates wouldn't stoop down to pick up $4000 so he's hardly likely to be worried about 20p
          Taking care of money is why we are so well off in the first place.

You sir are acting like a Nouveau Riche type who thinks that flashing money around impresses those who already have it. It doesn't.

Remember the phrase "A fool and his money are easily parted". Seriously.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
            Taking care of money is why we are so well off in the first place.

You sir are acting like a Nouveau Riche type who thinks that flashing money around impresses those who already have it. It doesn't.

Remember the phrase "A fool and his money are easily parted". Seriously.
            Very true. I better hide my Aston Martin, BA gold card, and diamond encrusted underpants before you come round - I wouldn't want you thinking that I'm showing off my wealth

Although I might have to buy a new cooker tomorrow, which'll set me back a bit...

Comment

Working...
            X