• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone here ever worked coding the tesco self service tills?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell the machine you used 500 of your own plastic bags. Bingo! 500 Clubcard points
    Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
      Drag over a store assistant for a measly 20p
      Just let it go. You're a loaded contractor FFS - even Bill Gates wouldn't stoop down to pick up $4000 so he's hardly likely to be worried about 20p
      I had items worth £2.50 and paid with £20.00 (sorry I was out of £50s ).

I received £2.20 so was missing £15.30.

Only sasguru can afford to let that sort of money go.

But : well done for maintaining the usual standards of cuk-general posters and not checking facts just jumping to a hasty conclusion.

I'm off to tpd for some sanity....

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
        Tell the machine you used 500 of your own plastic bags. Bingo! 500 Clubcard points
        What sort of muppet coder would not check that? Still, I suppose if they cant give out 2*10p instead of 20p......

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          What sort of muppet coder would not check that? Still, I suppose if they cant give out 2*10p instead of 20p......

business analyst

The coder probably did a fine, fine job. Don't knock the developers
          Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post

business analyst

The coder probably did a fine, fine job. Don't knock the developers
            Personally I question everything : I dont just code any old sh*t.

Maybe thats why I am known as a trouble maker.......

Comment

I had items worth £2.50 and paid with £20.00 (sorry I was out of £50s ).

I received £2.20 so was missing £15.30.

Only sasguru can afford to let that sort of money go.

But : well done for maintaining the usual standards of cuk-general posters and not checking facts just jumping to a hasty conclusion.

I'm off to tpd for some sanity....
              You're a disgrace to the monied classes

Comment

To discourage this behaviour in future, whenever you go shopping you should carry a red sign saying "It is this customer's policy to prosecute all shortchangers".

You might be tempted to let them off rather than go through all the hassle, especially if it's a first-time shortchanger, but before long word will get around the major retail organisations in your area and you may become a regular target.

hth
                tl

Comment

It really annoys them if you check your change to see if they've slipped you a fake note/coin.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
                    It really annoys them if you check your change to see if they've slipped you a fake note/coin.
                    Back in the days before cash machines I cashed a cheque at Morrisons and the lass short changed me by a fiver. Fortunately I'd counted as she was dealing the dosh out and flicked it back at her demanding a recount.

I was too soft in those days. Now I'd make sure she got the sack.

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
                    Which makes me think that they are trying to slip me a fake note/coin.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Anyone here ever worked coding the tesco self service tills?

If so you are a muppet! When the 20p dispensor gets stuck why not dispense 2 10p coins instead of having to drag over one of the store assistant.

Whoever coded it up is a muppet.
                      Every time I use this machine I think to myself "If this were my development project I would never have signed it of". It's full of dumb features.

(I'm guessing it's the result of getting database type people to implement what is essentially an embedded device.)

tim

Comment

Working...
                      X