• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

All your data belongs to us

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    So data (plural) is correct in this case as the ID card database will contain > 50 items of personal data

Comment

I hate having to explain humour. It makes me feel incompetent.

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
      So data (plural) is correct in this case as the ID card database will contain > 50 items of personal data
      You didn't follow the link, did you?

"All your base are belong to us" (often shortened to "All Your Base", "AYBABTU", or simply "AYB") is a broken English phrase that was central to an Internet phenomenon, or meme
      It was being alluded to in the title of the thread, but incorrectly. I did the thing on it to highlight my acknowledgement of the OP's allusion as nobody else had done so. The pluralisation error is inherent in the quote.

Somehow, it doesn't seem so funny any more.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

its ok RC, I got it and your right it should have been "all your data are belong to us"..
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          its ok RC, I got it and your right it should have been "all your data are belong to us"..
          Take off every zig
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
            ...or, to phrase it another way ..."all your datum is belong to us"??
            The close proximity of the letters 'G' and 'T' are the reason I'll never again send an important email and end it with "Regards" ....

Comment

As for calling me a Luddite, I was trying to stick to the facts (and throw in a few opinions) without getting personal
              If you think calling someone a Luddite is personal you really need to get out more.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                If you think calling someone a Luddite is personal you really need to get out more.
                ..well, he might not support Ned Ludd ...
                The close proximity of the letters 'G' and 'T' are the reason I'll never again send an important email and end it with "Regards" ....

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  It is personal. I get out plenty.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                    I hate having to explain humour. It makes me feel incompetent.

You didn't follow the link, did you?

It was being alluded to in the title of the thread, but incorrectly. I did the thing on it to highlight my acknowledgement of the OP's allusion as nobody else had done so. The pluralisation error is inherent in the quote.

Somehow, it doesn't seem so funny any more.
                    Sorry - I did follow the link (although I'd already recognised the reference in the thread title) but it just didn't click - some days it doesn't.

Comment

It is personal. I get out plenty.
                      Well If you think that is personal you are a big shirt lifter.

Comment

Working...
                      X