• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Am I getting old?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Sheffeild has a Waitrose
    Reet upmarket.. nowadays lad.

Bottom of Eckerslike road....

Comment

Sheffield is a great city, but I am shocked it has a Waitrose.

Is it the old Safeway near what was Ward's Brewery?
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        Sheffield is a great city, but I am shocked it has a Waitrose.

Is it the old Safeway near what was Ward's Brewery?
        Indeed it is.....

Comment

I used to like the Safeway Cafe, you could get some good stody food for about £3. Wonder if they changed it that much.
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Sorry,

All pine laminate n poncy now.

And NO bacon rolls!

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
              Am I getting old?
              We went to Waitrose cafe...

Comment

I used to go to the cafe in Morrisons with my Dad evey other week before rugby.

Once we went in and both ordered omellette and chips, I paid for mine and waited for my dad, and was treated to this little gem:

"Sorry sir, that was the last omellette".
                "Can I have something else with it?".
                "Hang on, I'll just go see what we have left" <disappears into the kitchen>.
                <comes back> "The cook says she can do you some fried eggs".........

Yes we queried it, apparantly the omelettes were bought in, and the cook wasn't allowed to cook them from scratch. They were allowed to fry, boil or poach eggs though...
                Still Invoicing

Comment

I've had a similar thing at Sainsbury's cafe a few years ago - but they said they would go and get whatever it was that had run out from the supermarket shelves and apologised for the delay!

Anyway this is a contractors board, WTF are you rich contractors doing in a cafe?
                  This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

I wanted a bacon roll - they said they've run out.

I said "how can you run out - don't you have shelves full of bacon"?

All I got was that open mouthed fly catching look - only a spotty 18 year old can give.
                    Our Labour manifesto will contain measures to prevent this.

Comment

Am I getting old?
                      If it is any consolation, my wife has had a number of stand-up rows with supermarket kaff supervisors / managers about the lack of fresh milk for tea.

If I had a quid for every time I've been in one of those kaffs or a motorway service station where there are 'fridges but the only milk available is UHT in plastic pots yet kept in a 'fridge, I'd have at least a tenner.
                      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X