• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Drug use is good for you??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    ... and there's an interesting article today in the Mail regarding cannabis and how just one joint can cause mental problems. I am clear on decriminalisation and always have been..... it must NEVER be allowed to happen.
    I read the other day that just one peanut can kill. Most people enjoy them with no ill effects, others cant live without them, but for some they can be deadly.
    Peanuts are legal and can be sold to children.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Wading into this I'll add my own points. The things I mention that usually aren't already are:

1. Prohibition is merely the highest form of deterrent. It doesn't stop anyone who really wants to from taking drugs. There are plenty of other forms of deterrent like education that could be paid for with the taxes from legal suppliers.

2. Kids actually have greater access to illegal drugs than adults since, unlike adults
      a. They tend to have bigger social circles through school that cross into lower classes of society.
      b. They know they can only be prosecuted as a minor and pretty much get away with things.
      c. They know that other 13 year old can't possibly be an undercover cop.

3rd is my idea of licensing drug use like driving. This means the liberty of the many isn't affected by the actions of a minority.
      - You have to be (17) to get a license.
      - If you abuse the right or are found to be incapable of using it responsibly and safely that license can be taken away either temporarily or permanently.
      - If you are found with drugs on or in you whilst banned or unlicensed you get locked up for longer than you would now.
      - If anyone would be willing to sell the insurance, I'd add a requirement to get insurance to pay the costs of taking, what is essentially a self imposed risk for fun like diving or driving a F1 car.
      - I'd also include alcohol in this. Idiots who who turn into violent scum after three pints should be banned from drinking, either temporarily or permanently.

All of this is a matter of changing society's attitudes.

Comment

Working...
      X