• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sounds like Communist Moscow: Drivers face £5,000 penalty for using Olympic VIP lanes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW
    In Moscow when they have olympics or G8 summit or something like this, they use police to forcibly remove bums from streets away from the city, even though technically they have constitutionally protected rights.
    Imagine having your bum forcibly removed! How do they cope when going to the toilet? Such a mess.
    Do you get them back after the olympics?

Comment

Caltrops

Thanks mcquiggd/owlhoot, I learn something every day on this forum.

A quick Google and I found loads of places happy to sell me such things. All I need to do now is remove the spare wheel and replace it with a nice little metal box with a servo to open the lid and....

Edit:
      Wonderful...you can even buy guns which fire them in front of vehicles as well, and learn how to use them curtesy of the US Army in Iraq...

Last edited by Joe Black; 7 November 2005, 14:47.

Comment

Well ideally you keep atheletes off the street and stick them on the motorway:

Cyclists 'train' on m-way

David Rowlands, 53, a freelance public relations manager from Chorley, called police from a motorway call-box. He said: "I was concerned for their general safety more than anything else. They had the full gear on, with the swept-back helmets and the lycra. They were very colourful. And they were going very fast on the hard shoulder.

"I immediately thought they were Commonwealth Games athletes getting out for a bit of early-morning training. Who else would do that? I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

"I was going in the opposite direction but I could tell they were going very fast, maybe 40mph."

Comment

Originally posted by planetit
          Imagine having your bum forcibly removed! How do they cope when going to the toilet? Such a mess.
          Do you get them back after the olympics?

I bet that advert with the catchy tune 'I see you baby.. shakin that ass..' has a hole new meaning in Mosvka.... grabbed by the fuzz springs to mind...
          Vieze Oude Man

Comment

I was under the impression that one of the reasons we won the games was because we were building (a) high speed rail link(s) which would mean that all access would be via eco friendly transport!
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Our broken down rickety old trains arent eco-friendly.... one excuse I heard while commuting from Bath was 'the train will be delayed due to hitting a cow'.. now imagine how much dangerous gas was released from that exploding cow.... more than I could manage in a year of eating Mexican food...

Hopefully now that France is disintegrating into anarchy, we can import some of the guys who worked on the TGV, and have them put to work on our knackered old railways..... (as long as they dont wear towels as fashion accessories).
              Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Working...
              X