• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

People who think "commonsense" is a word ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to suggest "loose" as in "I want to loose weight"
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      Because in English nouns normally have a lower-case initial letter.
      What about Mother Theresa ?

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
        I could of added that pet hate, plus others.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I don't think there's anything wrong with "thankyou", really. It's not technically correct, but it's perfectly understandable. "Noone" is more difficult to defend. "No-one" is fine though.

These are just compound words. How do you feel about "anymore" or, even worse, "albeit"? I still remember reading that word out loud as a kid and rhyming it with the German word "arbeit". I couldn't decypher "all be it" at all and just assumed it was a completely separate word, which it is I suppose, as its definition is "even though" rather than "all be it". But then I suppose you can't define a word as itself. "Thankyou" couldn't be defined as "thank you".

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
            What about "just desserts"? You see that all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Good question. I think you would be a prime example of a low IQ cretin.

HTH
              Gosh!! You are so cutting with your rapier like wit!!! I doubt anyone saw that coming!!

Tell me do you practise on your friends??...... oh sorry I mean do you practice with your alter egos??.........

What is your combined IQ?

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
                Gosh!! You are so cutting with your rapier like wit!!! I doubt anyone saw that coming!!
                Compared to your tedious "I've got a Nu-Lab educashun - see how many exclamation points and new tags I can type" posts, even CyberCretin is rapier-like.

HTH
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
                  I don't think there's anything wrong with "thankyou", really. It's not technically correct, but it's perfectly understandable.
                  "Thank you" comes across to me as a sincere message of gratitude.

"Thankyou" comes across as "whatever, luser".

It always seems to appear with:

- "Be a patient patient thankyou" in doctor's surgeries where the receptionist is particularly rude

- "The trains are not running today, thankyou" being the contempt of the railways

- "I don't know why we can't provide you with the service you have paid for. Is there anything else I can help you with today? No? Thankyou." being the contempt of the call centres

It is half way between "Thankyouhaveanicedaymissingyoualreadynext" and "oh thankyouverymuch you git".
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Compared to your tedious "I've got a Nu-Lab educashun - see how many exclamation points and new tags I can type" posts, even CyberCretin is rapier-like.

HTH
                    Happy that you get some enjoyment in life.... even if its only laughing at your own posts! :twunt: <for the benefit of SAS> That means I think you are a twunt!!!!! <and thats just added emphasis>

I am sure you posted that you were retiring your tedious ID - what happened?

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
                      Happy that you get some enjoyment in life.... even if its only laughing at your own posts! :twunt: <for the benefit of SAS> That means I think you are a twunt!!!!! <and thats just added emphasis>

I am sure you posted that you were retiring your tedious ID - what happened?
                      Aw poor diddums. Now toodle off to the party thread for the new boy where you can post more of your tedious, pointless prattle.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X