• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blair earns that for one 20 min speech.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
      It's not his brains I've an issue with personally. It's his tendency to utter gaffes, consistently over a long period of time. He's a buffoon. A likeable buffoon, but not the kind of buffoon I want as a leader (Though given the opposition was Red Ken I wasn't displeased, just disappointed we got such a tulip choice).

I mean, saying that £240,000 is chickenfeed, in this economic environment, with the public's current perception of politicians isn't exactly the smartest move, if you get what I mean.

Not a fan of Boris, but if this income is correctly declared to the Revenue, and he pays his whack on it (quite a lot I imagine now Darling's upped the tax rate) then a lot of us on the bench and/or dole should be grateful to him.
      Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
        Not a fan of Boris, but if this income is correctly declared to the Revenue, and he pays his whack on it (quite a lot I imagine now Darling's upped the tax rate) then a lot of us on the bench and/or dole should be grateful to him.
        And you completely missed my point:

Saying that £240,000 is chickenfeed in this climate, with people losing their jobs every day, and many of us having to take pay cuts.

Especially given the whole fiasco with politicians incomes, etc.
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Saying that £240,000 is chickenfeed in this climate, with people losing their jobs every day, and many of us having to take pay cuts.

Not at all. As I said I'm not a fan of Boris, and he obviously has no idea how a lot of people struggle (and not just in the last 6 months either). I'm saying I couldn't give a fig about his gaffe in this case, as he's actually contributing to the exchequer and the economy. If a few more of us were earning 250k instead of scratching around for a few pennies, all the better. I appreciate that a gaffe like that may not look good politically, but I'd be ecstatic if all polis were able to earn £5 million a year, so long as they maintained a healthy economy and the rest of us were able to earn a decent whack.
          Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

It is chicken feed to him. And good on him I say! Would you rather a sneaky, slimy, 'on-message' politician, or one who speaks his mind?
            Cats are evil.

Comment

Chickenfeed

He's not completely wrong. For every "fat cat" getting public flak for earning that much, there are a dozen 25-year-olds, good at either sales or sums, who are quietly making that much sitting at screens.

Comment

I think I like my politicians to be a little more in tune with public opinion and refrain from saying stupid tulip.

It's like real life, sometimes it's better to keep your gob shut and think about what you say before you say it. Boris seems incapable of this, which is his biggest problem, IMO. And no, it's not a characteristic to be admired.

I suspect I'm preaching to the inconvertible here, but CUK is hardly a broad spectrum sample of society, and if you can't see why it might not have been the smartest move then I guess your blinkers are bigger than I imagined.

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

I think I like my politicians to be a little more in tune with public opinion and refrain from saying stupid tulip.

It's like real life, sometimes it's better to keep your gob shut and think about what you say before you say it. Boris seems incapable of this, which is his biggest problem, IMO. And no, it's not a characteristic to be admired.

I suspect I'm preaching to the inconvertible here, but CUK is hardly a broad spectrum sample of society, and if you can't see why it might not have been the smartest move then I guess your blinkers are bigger than I imagined.
                  Don't worry, you offset the reasoned here with your petty left-wing green eyed bias.

Comment

You just can't see him having to make a decision given a number of options and working out logically which one is the best.

Still, you can say that about most politicians in this country.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      Don't worry, you offset the reasoned here with your petty left-wing green eyed bias.

Finally, I have found my purpose in life.

Though I'm pretty sure if this had been a labour MP making this statement you lot would have been up in arms

Comment

Working...
                      X