• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can anyone recommend a good forum for gas boiler and heating controls?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try this
    http://www.askthequestion.co.uk/ask/viewforum.php?f=2

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
      There's a lot of mysticism around central heating systems, but it's really a load simpler than it appears as it's all logical and easy enough to plan out from 1st principles. The kit isn't wildly expensive either unless you buy from the big companies, a good local tradesman can certainly do an install far cheaper than the likes of British Gas. I bought a boiler for less than half of what I was quoted by BG and a few other companies.
      I'm going back over 20 years to when I had a completely new gas system installed. Out of all the quotes I got, British Gas was a third more expensive than the rest, and they intended using a private contractor anyway.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Get yourself a Glowworm Ultrapower (if you have room)

We had one put in last year to replace our ageing oil tank + boiler and I have to say it's the dogs nads.

- hot water tank inside boiler unit - no shunting it around the house to another tank (has freed up a cupboard in our bathroom we can now use for a larger shower)
        - hot water at mains pressure (can be a problem with combis)
        - tank easily keeps water hot for 10-12+ hrs after it was heated
        - fully programmable etc. etc.
        Last edited by moorfield; 14 July 2009, 12:03.

Comment

Working...
        X