• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Suppression of news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    You call hundred a big demo?

Would be suprised if it made the local paper.

With a gimmick that will never get media attention.

There was once a demo for 60,000 that received 1 column inch in the independent.

When there were about 20 people demostrating against our troops in Luton it made national news !!

Comment

Having seen the footage it hardly merits any news, a couple of hundred bored football casuals singing a few songs while a bunch of unscared asians look on from the side.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
        When there were about 20 people demostrating against our troops in Luton it made national news !!
        They were abusing soldiers i.e. they had a gimmick.

IMO it is good to ignore the far right : until they can work out if they are racist or against immigration......

Comment

They were abusing soldiers i.e. they had a gimmick.

IMO it is good to ignore the far right : until they can work out if they are racist or against immigration......

It's not good to ignore this at all. This has led to people becoming frustrated and voting BNP. 75% of the calls last night were in favour of the protests and you can add me to that. If their voices are not listened to, then the major parties will see minority extremist parties on the rise.

The show presenter Mike Goldberg was asking whether these protestors should be arrested for inciting racial hatred. This makes me want to puke, when I think of the number of occasions where hatred has been preached in mosques and on the streets by Abu Hamza and his ilk and nothing was done.

Channel 4 was almost taken to court for filming speeches of hatred by mullahs in a mosque last year. Muslims are always appeased whilst it appears that all other people who are the worried vast majority in this country, be they atheist, agnostic or religious are treated with contempt.

Comment

It's not good to ignore this at all. This has led to people becoming frustrated and voting BNP.
            The reasons they vote BNP are :-
            1. protest vote
            2. shock value
            3. Nothing to choose between main parties.

Comment

1. protest vote
              2. shock value

.... and because their views are ignored by an increasingly oppressive state that only appears interested in the muslim vote in marginal seats.

Comment

The show presenter Mike Goldberg was asking whether these protestors should be arrested for inciting racial hatred. This makes me want to puke, when I think of the number of occasions where hatred has been preached in mosques and on the streets by Abu Hamza and his ilk and nothing was done.

Channel 4 was almost taken to court for filming speeches of hatred by mullahs in a mosque last year. Muslims are always appeased whilst it appears that all other people who are the worried vast majority in this country, be they atheist, agnostic or religious are treated with contempt.
                I didn't realise you went to mosques.
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                  I didn't realise you went to mosques.

We'll all be forced to go to them in due course.

Comment

1. protest vote
                    2. shock value
                    I think you have your head in the sand old chum.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

We'll all be forced to go to them in due course.

So you are muslim then?
                      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                      X